Christmas Eve

Chapter 31: Christmas Eve

December 4, 2013

Y/N's Point Of View.

With only three weeks till Christmas, I'm really getting into Christmas mood.

The streets are filled with ice and snow and the air is cold, almost making my nose look like in the books and movies. Iced.

Justin and I still got plenty of gifts left to buy. We've decided on putting our money together and buy the gifts together as a couple. That means we'll say it's from the both of us. He, of course, wouldn't let me pay as much as he payed, but I talked my stubborn ways through it, ending with him finally agreeing on letting me pay at least 1/4 of it.

I put my feet up high on the sofa and take it as an opportunity to finally pack. Mom and dad's gifts are bought, leaving only my siblings' gifts left to buy. That is from my side of the family of course. Then there's little Jaxon's Jazzy's, Justin's parents, grandparents.. the list could go on and on. Which reminds me of my granny. And Brianna. Got to get them a gift. We're so late with them Christmas gifts. First Christmas together and it's a disaster already.

My boyfriend is at a friends's house, I don't know who exactly. Doesn't bother me though, I'm not gonna be the crazy, needy girlfriend. I respect his private space and I completely understand he wants to be with his friends too, and not babysit me all day.

Dozing off, I go in to my own dream world.

December 25, 2013

It's Christmas morning, the 25th of December. The house is deadly quiet, the lovely warmth sending vibrations through my body meanwhile as I look out the window with a cup of morning coffee in my hand. I can still feel the lingering smell of lamb. Norwegian lamb.

Ever since I was a baby, or as far as I can remember, Norwegian lamb served with puréed swede, potatoes and beer, has always been what we've gotten served on the 24th of December, a few hours before you start opening the Christmas presents. It's a different culture from the USA, where you open them Christmas morning, but since Justin and Pattie are going to be with us this year on the holidays, we agreed on it being nice if we tried something new.

The door squeaks open and Justin steps in to my bedroom without me knowing. "Good morning." He kisses my shoulder, slightly startling me.

"Good morning." I smile and kiss his cheek that rests on my shoulder. His arms soon come around my body and I immediately feel warmer and safer.

"Sleep well?" He asks.

"Still got a slight jet lag, but give me an hour or two and I'll be fine." I yawn. Our jet landed late two nights ago and I'm still jet lagged. We all do, though I couldn't be happier thanks to Justin. Two weeks ago he surprised me with tickets for the two of us and Pattie to celebrate Christmas here with my family. Since I felt awful about blowing Pattie off like that and I really wanted to see her on Christmas, I suggested she could come to Norway and spend the holidays with us.

We'll be staying until the 29th of this month, before his jet flies just the two of us down to New York for New Year's Eve. Let me tell you, I've never been happier. I get to celebrate the birth of Jesus with everyone I love, except Brianna.

"Maybe a morning kiss will make you feel better." Justin grumbles against my cheek.

"Maybe." I bite my lip. He twirls me around and kisses me, sweetly.

"Did it help?"

"Yeah, gimme a lil more." I kiss him again and close my eyes at the taste of his yummy supple lips.