New Years Eve

Chapter 36: New Years Eve

December 31, 2013

Hanna's Point Of View.

I've been ignoring Justin for more than 24 hours now. It's the 31st of December and instead of being in a good mood, I'm the opposite.

He keeps messing up, saying the wrong words and doing the wrong things. He keeps making me cry. I'm tired, tired of crying, tired of being sad all the time. Tired of fighting with him.

His words have been glued to my brain ever since he threw them at me. As expected, he's tried talking to me countless times, but I've shut him completely out. Doesn't he get that I don't want to talk to him? I thought when I told him I wanted to sleep by myself that he understood that but obviously not.

My bare feet touch the floor and I step in to my brown Uggs to keep my feet warm. I grab a white robe that belongs to the Hotel and wrap myself in it. My hair is probably a mess and I probably have dark bags under my eyes but who cares. I don't have anyone to dress up for.

When I enter the kitchen, I can't help but notice how quiet our hotel suite it is. Like you-can-hear-if-a-pencil-hits-the-floor quiet. The couch where Justin has been sleeping since we arrived, is empty and even nicely made.

Just when I think I'll have the suite to myself, the entrance door opens and Justin walks in. I look away from him and open the fridge to prepare some pancakes though I'm so not in the mood to make any breakfast.

"You know, we're staying in a hotel. Hotels have room service. You could just order breakfast." I knew that.

A sigh escapes my lips and I put the mixer away.

Todays breakfast became three pancakes with sweet syrup, bacon and rambled eggs. I asked Justin simply if he wanted to share it, but he said he had already eaten so I took him up on that.

Sitting across him by the table I ask him a question and his reaction to it has me suspicious.

"Where were you when I woke up?" Was my question.

"I was out." Justin takes my empty plate and puts it in the dish. I roll my eyes and fold my arms over my chest.

"I get that, but where? And what were you even doing out that early?"

"Are you questioning my trust now? Don't you trust me?" Justin leans against the kitchen counter top.

"No I didn't say that I jus-"

"You know what Hanna? I've apologized so often already and I'm tired of it. I get that what I said hurt your feelings, but you have to let it go. It's in the past, please move forward." Knowing Justin, I know when he's really sorry and I know when his words are honest.

I'm not going to let it go though. Not just yet. I look at him for a minute before heading back in to our bedroom. Not feeling it today, I put on light blue denim jeans and start on putting on a a black sweater when Justin enters the room.

"Oh sorry." He covers his eyes and turns away from me.

"It's okay, it's not like you haven't seen all my fat before."

"Look, I'm not here to fight with you again, I'm actually here to let you know that Fredo just called and he's in New York for the New Years. He invited us to a party tonight."

"So he wants us to join him?" I clear out.

"Pretty much.."

"Okay, when does he want us there?" I ask.