"That son of a bitch"

Chapter 23: "That son of a bitch"

August 15-16, 2013

Brianna's Point Of View.

We've been best friends since diapers. Since we crawled around on the floor, our mouths barely knowing the meaning of talking. Her mom and my mom were always best friends too, just like sisters, which probably explains how Hanna and I are as close as we are. Just like sisters.

When I am hurt, she is there. When she is hurt, I am there. It's always been like that and it still is.

I watch as my best friend cries her heart out and let me tell you, it hurts.
Seeing her like this makes me want to cry, but I know that if she can't be strong, someone has to be and that someone is me.

My hands run up and down her back, my mind set on that I'm going to be there for her and try my very best to keep her from going mental because we don't want this situation to get any more drastic than it is.

Her cries finally quiet down after hours and she sits herself up on the couch. I take a small look at her, seeing her hair is a total mess, she has mascara smeared all over her beautiful face, bags under her eyes and when she opens her mouth and speaks, her voice is quiet and stinky.

"What time is it?" Was what she asked.

"I just know it's way past midnight."

She nods her head and touches her forehead, "My head hurts."

"Imma get you some pills." I walk in to the kitchen and open the cabinet. I grab the box with panodil and fill a glass with cold water.

"Here, take these." I hand Hanna the pills as with the glass of water. She chugs the pills down and hands me the empty glass back.

"Thank you."

I smile and set the glass on the table, "You should get some sleep. I'm gonna be right here when you wake up."

"Thank you Bri." Hanna thanks me again and puts on a smile, resting her head on my lap again.

"Everything's gonna be alright." I whisper meanwhile as I stroke her hair and in the blink of an eye, Hanna is fast asleep.

Frowning, I carefully grab the TV remote from the coffee table and turn the TV on. The volume is barely on but enough for me to hear every thing that's said.

I shift the channel. What girl wants to watch soccer? Uh, not me.. I shift it again, and again, and again, there's nothing to watch ugh.

As I'm about to switch channel again, the sentence Is popstar Justin Bieber cheating on his girlfriend Hanna is heard loud and clear.

I put the remote away and glance down at Hanna just to make sure she's asleep before giving the news channel on the television my full attention.

"Popstar Justin Bieber was spotted leaving a club at 02:37 a.m. tonight. But he wasn't alone. Sources at the club say he left the club with a tall blonde female. The two of them seemed to want some alone time. They were holding hands and smil-" I shut the TV off, anger building itself up inside me.

Looking down at Hanna again, I can't help but she'd a tear or two. She's been through enough already. She doesn't deserve this. And as her best friend I think I have to do something.

That son of a bitch is gonna pay. I'll be consoling him in the morning.

The next morning.

Hanna and I are in the living room just staring blankly at each other. I've tried ever since we woke up to keep her away from her phone, laptop, the television.. I don't want her knowing about the Justin situation before I've talked to him.