Tears rushing down his face

Chapter 28: Tears rushing down his face

November 17, 2013

Hanna's Point Of View.

Justin stares at me in shock, his tears never stopping to run, "You have a baby? You're-"

"I don't have a baby. I never had it. I was gonna keep it, at least give birth to it, but when the baby was 7 weeks, I had a miscarriage." I explain the best I can through my sobs.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry you had to go through that." Justin kisses me on the lips.

"But I'm okay now, I just overthought things earlier and needed you here with me."

"I'm here Hanna I'm always gonna be here." Justin rests his forehead against mine and intertwines our fingers. "But don't think I'm angry at you, because I still wanna hold on to the fact that I was your first. What that guy did.. he deserves to be punished. I hope you called him in and had him charged."

"I didn't. You're the only one who knows about this and I'm gonna keep it that way."

"Hold on, Brianna doesn't know? And your parents? The cops? Hanna, you have to tell someone. He deserves to rot in jail!"

"I did tell someone. I told you.. and I trust you to not tell anyone." I say loud in his face.

"Hanna I don't know.. he could be doing this to other women." Justin wipes away a tear that threatens to fall from his eyes.

"But listen." I scratch my neck, "This happened last year. I've moved on. I'm happy because I got you now. Don't get me wrong, if I was in your position, I would say and do the same you are right now, but in the end.. it's my choice. Just promise me you won't tell anyone, not even Brianna."

"Don't tell me what?" We turn our heads, seeing Brianna lean against the kitchen doorway.

Justin and I glance at each other, Justin's still crying, but not as much anymore. "Nothing." I smile.

"Then why is Justin crying? And you've been cryi- what's going on?" Brianna walks over to us.

"Honestly it's nothing, do you want some coffee?" I ask.

"No no no, don't change the subject. Hanna please tell me what is going on." Bri says slowly.

"I don't wanna talk about it.." I whisper and put my hands on the kitchen stove. My eyes look out the window, my mind elsewhere. I wanna get out of here and go somewhere it's snowy. Somewhere alone, only Justin and I. Hands start messaging my shoulders and I turn around.

"She's your best friend." Justin lightly smiles. "You should tell her." He lowers his voice. I look behind him, seeing Brianna watch us. My eyes wander back to Justin and I kiss the corner of his lips.

"Please hold me while I do so."

*

Water rushes down her face and I don't think I've witnessed this much crying in one day and to know it's all because of me.

I just told Brianna what happened to me, from the rape to the baby, and she's hysterical, blaming herself because she wasn't there when it happened so she couldn't stop it. She too needs to understand it's not her fault.

"But why didn't you tell me?" She shouts.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want anyone to know. I was scared of what you were gonna think of me." I cry. Justin rubs my back.

"But I should have been there, I should have sto-"

"If you had been there he probably would've done the same to you."