Chapter 5

Amahle

I just wanna go home but the stupid brother of mine won't stop dancing and embarrassing himself. Here I am thinking about Waylen, maybe I was just imagining things, and now all the bad thought are brewing through my mind. He's standing behind my breathing right through my neck, it's just an awkward moment. I move away from him, but he grabs me by my waist and pulls me towards him. Am now facing him, am staring at his chest with my hands on my back, I mean I can't put them in his chest. I feel like that would make his girlfriend. I make up my mind, this relationship should be as professional as possible, "am sorry about that" he's here apologising yet his holding my waist, talk about a typical man. I wanna say something but something is chocking me " I...I.....it's fine" I rush to Nkateko and grab him by his arm and drag him.

After an hour of us fighting we finally arrive at home. I just wanna take along bath and just relax. People walking in heels isn't a kid's toy.
Just as I am daydreaming in the tub, my phone rings. Disturbing me from my peace, now I have to leave my paradise and go answer to a stupid phone call. I continue with my thing, and again it rings, now I think to myself maybe its an emergency. I dry myself and of course taking my sweet little time, while dancing to my ring tone. I dress in my warm pyjamas, and i settle with a bowl of popcorns and chocolate on my bed, to my surprise Waylen was the one calling, I call him back " maDlamini omuhle, kungani ungabambi ucingo lwakho( why ain't you answering your phone)" my poor ass blushes, man..man...man they will kill us one of the good days I tell you, he's even speaking Zulu, with his deep yet sweet voice "I was busy with something" I answer him trying not to blush, "asambe siye kwa-Zulu" he ask. Where am I going, to do what? I give an honest answer " what for" I ask "angazi ukuyobabona( I don't know to see they are doing" he sighs "my schedule is a bit tight" and just how most business women answer, he laughs at me of which I end up joining. You laugh like a pig I tell him. I end the call.
How can he be so calm, when he knows what he did at his office. Maybe I was just imagining things, because to him he was just okay throughout the conversation.
It's 0353hrs, I can't sleep thinking about him. Okay not in that way but it's kinda disturbing. I close my eyes but my phone light up and it's a call from the man that's keeping me awake " why ain't you sleeping" it's the witchcraft for me " I was about to sleep when you decided to disturb my peace" I angrily answer " I know you can't sleep , so I'll sing you a lullaby" the confidence " am sorry that I have to burst your bubble, but I'll rather listen to cows than to listen to you" the sarcasm in that " ouch...but don't hang up please" with him lowering his voice. Again I decide to be a good girl I obey to his command I don't hang up.

I am in the jungle again with my best animal friend but today the energy is different it's like I've known him for years, he takes me to his home, it's a celebration, more of a coronation. It's anomaly they him the leader of the pack. What galvanized me is that, these creatures are looking at me like am a piece of pie, of course am the only human. The is someone calling me but the voice sounds so far, again it calls and now it's near.
It's a dream a magical one, and did this fool called my brother had to be the one that wakes me up from this marvellous dream. I check my phone, and the call is still on, we chat for a while, then I hang up hang up. This guy is crazy so much airtime. I take a shower and I join my family for lunch, obviously I woke up late just then Nkateko decides to break my peace "dad Amahle was smiling in her sleep, I think she..." just before he can finish I cut him " and how is that any of your business, what was your poor self doing bin my room" I question his integrity " I was just letting y'all that your daughter was smiling while sleeping, and that can only mean one thing" the smirk in his face right now...even the devil's is amazed by this idiot "just know that you won't be getting any extra pocket money from me this week" and with that said I excuse myself. I have to dress up, am meeting with my friends.
I've been friends with Anathi,Langa,Mazwi and Sweetness from high school, even though we went to different universities we still connected. We are meeting at Langa's apartment. With his apartment I kind off did it's interior design, I just love designing things. I buy some snacks on my way and get them alcohol, I don't drink but I do bless them when I have the funds to. Arriving at Langa's apartment already they are up and down. How does one have such alcoholic friends. This people value alcohol more than anything. We sit and chat while eating and snacking I tell about my first week of work, and I find it hard to talk about Waylen, what can I say. I tell them about the dream I had. They all laugh. It's late so we go separate ways. I have so much meat with me, but I'll just devour it alone in my car.

After an hour of, talking to Waylen about his day, he sent me a video of him doing a Zulu dance in an attire. All the wrong things came into being in my mind, he looked so lavishing. For a moment I wished we were more than friends but, I vowed to myself,to keep the relationship as professional as possible.

African mom's with playing gospel songs so loud on Sunday mornings. I woke with Judith Sephuma's songs blasting through out the whole house am sure the neighbours have had enough. Again I was with my animal friend in my dreams, to think of it I should probably consult with someone, but again there is nothing wrong with this dream it's just a plain normal dream.

Waylen

After the ordeal, I went straight home. I was to travel to KZN to my parental home, so I wanted to go with Tia, I could've introduced her to the whole family, but she said she's busy, I'll be going with my family. The main reason for our visit is to give thanks the ancestors for being with me and protecting me, and not only me but my whole family. To also seek blessings as am about to start on my new journey as the new leader of the pack, and to also bless my to be union with my girl Tiasmara.
My cousins and I decided to rent out a quantum to accommodate us while the elders flew to KZN we were talking about how life has been for us, I even went as far as telling them about my dream wedding with Tia. I know am a crazy man but am crazy inlove with Tia.
We arrived just before midnight and went to sleep.
Woke up to the day of the ceremony, we first had to go to the white mountains.
You see with us we stay near mountain so that when ever your beast wants out you run for the mountain. So even here were near the mountains. We go there every year to bull fight, but today that's not the case we are there for my coronation ceremony, since I've found my mate I'll be made leader of the pack.
We spoke with the ancestors assuring them that we will continue leading the family with respect and dignity, and always maintain peace.
We went back home, to find a feast, we were at our happiest, and merry at most. I called my Tia, I even sent her a video, where I was the Zulu dance. It's good to hear her giggles and smiles.