Chapter 50

Amahle

It's morning and we are at his cabin, last night a lot happened, we talked, kissed a lot and talked even more. He wants to marry me, am not sure if he needs to marry me or wants to marry me. There's a huge difference he may need to marry me because of his beast thing and that would be out of desperation or he wants to marry me out of love. We are soon to celebrate our one year anniversary, and might as well propose, but i don't think he should it's way too ealry for that, i don't think he knows me that much and i don't know him much, okay maybe i do but just not for marriage. I mean i don't even know his favorite food yet because when i ask he'll say "i like what you like" and thats not what i want. He's still sleeping and i don't want to be the "vuka sikhulume" type it's still early. He looks peaceful when sleeping, and looks like an angel. He has this hidden cute feature actually, i never realised it and maybe it's because, he rarely smiles. He keeps his face straight, and frowns "just kiss me already" he's awake. Ofcourse i kiss him, and stare at his face again, he frowns "yini manje" he asks "i think that you're cute" i say. He's shocked okay maybe i wasn't suppose to say that, this is not the reaction i had expected, he's running for the mirror, "you must be crazy" he screams from the bathroom "lomfazi usuyahlanya ngempela kemanje cute wok'nuka" he mumbles enough for me to hear him. Just another day of Waylen speaking isiZulu effortlessly, "sorry ke, awukho cute umuhle" i smile "wanna meet your ancestors" he says getting on the bed. He grabs my neck, and pins me down, he's not angry and i somehow find it pleasing, he presses even more i choke he won't let me breath, there's just something about it, he smirks "don't call me cute" he releases me and goes away. Will it be a problem if i ask him to do it again?
I shower after him, i don't even have clothes I'll just wear what i had yesterday "lets stay here just for a few days" he's forgetting something "i have work, a lot of work actually" i say. He'll make it a big issue "am finally back, spend sometime with me, I am your boss, youvcan skip work anytime, i had missed you Amahle" am not sure if i heard that correctly "hawu sengiwu Amahle mina manje" am i being dramatic "your parents named you Amahle inkinga ikephi" imma let it slide "lutho am just not used to you calling me Amahle, ngiyahamba mina Waylen i have work" i get my things ready. It's nothing much just my bag and shoes "give me the car keys Waylen" we are about to fight over the keys "no we are not going anywhere sizohlala la mina nawe" he says fuming. Why is he angry though "angizimiselanga ukulwa nawe" i say standimg by the door "nami ngokunjalo" he says sitting down. The other one is at the door ready to leave the other one is sitting down not wanting to leave. Crisis.
Its been an hour of complete silence, eyes are the doors to the soul right, at this point i feel like he knows every single detail about me, my soul in an out. He's standing infront of me staring right in eyes. He wanted to keep the eye contant, and not do anything and because i couldn't i tried kissing him he denied me. You know that feeling of rejection, but its embarassing but painful at the same time, yeah i felt like that.  He keeps on smiling "manje uthi sishada nin maDlamini, angisakwazi ukulinda" he states. This is not the right moment "angazi Nkosingiphile, maybe you could start by paying downery, then we can set the wedding day" i don't know why i said that, but ofcourse he has to pay lobola first. I ain't leaving my fathers house to start a new family without lobola, and it has to be costy not a lousy R50 000 no. Okay maybe am joking "ngenza lokho ozongishada(if i do that will you marry me?) He ask "I'll think about it, letha ukhiye sihambe and then we'll get married" i say. He goes to open and we take our leave.
Was it really that hard to open up, it reminds me Kelwe had called me yesterday lemme call her back and she doesn't answer good for her.
We stop by for breakfast "yazi we've never went out on a date, noma ngiyaphazama" he's eyes widen "actually yeah, we've never, this might be our first time sitting down for a meal in public as a married couple" he says enjoying his food "its because you are always at my house for food and we are not yet married, we should go on dates more often" i smile at the idea "no i want to eat your food not someone elses, rather lets have dates at your house or mine" he says "wa bhora yhoo" its frustrating "but you're stuck with me" he laughs "mxx suka" i roll my eyes "you can't say and do that with your husband" he says. Annoying "I've introduced you to my family, abakwa Dlamini ngibabona nin" over my dead body. I am not ready to face my father and say "so am seeing this guy, and i want to marry him" No.