Chapter 20

Amahle

Its been a crazy week, Langa is as stubborn as a mule. She isn't suppose to drive, but she'll use every littlest reason to do so. She had sent me pictures of her shopping and surprisingly with Menzi. How? When? What for?
Sweetness's reply was "she's way too old, soon she'll be a mother so let her burn a little" burn from who?
I had a dream about her, she was in a car accident her head was cut off. When the police came they said that she had slept while driving. I woke up terrified, I immediately called her but she assured me she was fine. My man hasn't been good lately or maybe it's my imaginations of my negative vibes i don't know. I can never imagine life without my Langa, we'd all be incomplete without her. Mazwi's plan was to take her car until she has given birth, we did so but miraculously Menzi came to the rescue and gave  Langa his old car. Now the query is how is Menzi involved in this what's cooking? Wednesday he came bashing my door ready to chop my legs off, apparently Langa cried out for help to him, and because she's a pregnant woman she shouldn't cry it'll hurt the baby,he'll make sure that if anyone dares try to hurt Langa doesn't live another day to tell the story. Hectic is an understatement, I instantly returned Langa's car back. I wouldn't want my blood on his hands, and leave my man alone to be devoured by the hungry sick vultures of this world.

It's a friday, casual friday. I should probably go clubbing, I lie to myself. I am my father's daughter an indoor type of a person not the opposite of it.
"Candy am stucked in traffic, make an excuse for me for the meeting with Miss Samantha, offer snacks please " I say. It's probably the first time am this late. I woke up late, Waylen is to blame.
Arriving at the office already am running around busy with what I get paid to do, seems like everyone else is having a good day. My day ended at 1600hrs, I checked with Waylen but he wasn't at his office, it really is a bad day for me. I drove out with a sad face and a broken heart. I went to my parents house to get my siblings for an ice cream date and maybe I could get myself a fine homecooked dinner.
Waylen calls " Sthandwa Sami ukuphi" the audacity to ask me, whilst I should be asking " lawungishiye khona" i reply turning on the radio to annoy him "maDlamini awukahle ngomsindo, am sorry okay I had went to a client over lunch, it took most of my time" he lowers his voice. I don't believe him "mhh, ngiyakuzwa...ngisendleleni ey'ekhaya( I hear you am on my way home)" am just the calm one in this situation, he's quite I wanna say something but I keep it to myself  "can we meet, at my place. I cooked" he's testing me. Make up sex, but not exactly maybe a make up bribe with food.
For my man I'd do anything, so yep here I am going to meet with him with a smiley face and a happy heart. My siblings will have to understand they don't excite me like Waylen does. It took me less than an hour to get to him and already am all over him, i came running to him at the gate we both and we both fell " you such a teddy bear" he says trying to catch his breath. One would say we just made a baby on this  grass judging by our breathing patterns. Have you ever wondered what really maturity means? well are at it again chasing each other around his yard with no care in the world.
After freshening up, we went outside to this little surprise of his. Picnic date. As long as food is involved my little stomach will always be come through "I'd never thought I'd see this other side of you" I say positioning myself on his thigh "which side maDlamini" he looks down on me "the playful Waylen, we were running around like kids" I say "i too never thought you could run and you brought the other side of me I too didn't know I could be like that" he's smiling. I don't know if I should be offended with what he said or what, obviously I can run "yazi I was on my way home to take the kids out for an ice cream but you ruined our plans" I complain not that I regret coming here though "but you happily came over" okay yeah am defeated. The sun sets perfectly on it's mothers lap with the mountains as a blanket to cover it the birds fly above it as if their singing a lullaby to it.
"What's this one movie that made you cry" he asks, I take my time to think "it's actually embarrassing that it made me cry because it was an animated movie" he laughs at my reply, and now that am thinking of it I can feel the tears coming it isn't suppose to happen now, I can't breakdown in front of him it's better in my bed "why are you laughing, it's a serious thing" am a bit annoyed. It's just this song that makes me cry the lyrics of it pierces my heart it goes like
Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don't let it make you cry
For ever if I'm far away
I hold you in my heart
I sing a secret song to you
Each night we are apart
Remember me
Though I have to travel far
Remember me
Each time you hear a sad guitar
Know that I'm with you
The only way that I can be
Until you're in my arms again
Remember me

It's a story I never got the opportunity to tell I had lost my biological mother at 7, she had died of a brain tumor, I was still young but I still remember our memories, I cried for a whole week after watching this movie I missed her more, and that I watched her daily suffering from the pain although she tried hiding it by always smiling, the only child she's ever had. A happy family we were, she was gone but either forgotten. We were left alone just me and my father, and thres years later I was introduced to the woman that raised me. With us it isn't the typical stepmother stories, she was a true reflection of a mother, she did a good a job at raising me and not forgetting my own mothers teachings, she'd tell me her childhood stories and story tales which I'll tell my child if I ever decide on having one.
"babe...are you okay you zoned out on me is it still the Langa issue" he's brushing my cheeks "oh sorry, Langa is something else" I laugh it off. He doesn't believe my little lie " you were still telling me about that movie, what's it's name I'll cry with you" I guess I'll have tell him "its coco just coco" I reply, "i look into it ngizobona lento ekhalisa is'thandwa sami" he leans over for a kisd. He wants us to watch the movie together "we'll cry together". Typical man I have.
It's getting darker by the minute, we moved the picnic date to his balcon and added a blanket.
He tells me about his future, what he wants and his goals. He includes me in it, he sees a future with me, the facial expressions tells it all.
Am at the arms of a man that I love the most and who loves me too what more could I ask for, a happy family with a good paying job.
We sit in silence for a while he breaks the silence and calls me with my full home affairs registered name "Amahle Tiasmara Dlamini....sengifuna ukuyobona abakwa Dlamini, ngifun'ukuya kini" he isn't smiling or any thing but he's just the emotionless Waylen from the boardroom. Vuleka m'godi ngingene.