Chapter 41

Menzi

I have a job. Check. I have a house. Check. I have two cars. Check. I still have my parents around. Check. I have a daughter, the sweetest thing to ever happen to me. Check, and lastly a very beautiful women at home. Afterall the bible does say that it is not good that man should be alone, so i should get a helper, and thank heavens that person happened to be Langa a very beautiful and genuine woman. What more could i ask for other than a long life to see everything i have prosper.
We might have not put a name on what ever is happening between us but i know she feels something. The past week has been blissful, Langa's been in my house, she's basically my wife right now. The only thing i see is her, i haven't been to work for a week, well say haven't been to Free State where i currently work as a managerial accountant at the DaVillas branch in Free State. I just have my apartment here in Johannesburg for Asemahle's sake, am actually applying for a transferal. I want to be near to Langa, i can't get enough of her.

Today I decided to make us dinner, and send the kids to my mother, she already knows about Mbuso thanks to Asemahle, she still thinks Mbuso is my child, he is but not biologically. I left the house early to roam around town then get some ingredients and fresh flowers for the pretty lady.
After my little grocery shopping, i pass by the flourist to get her flowers, white roses will do i think to myself. I pay and leave, suddenly am dizzy and the air around is cold as of a ghost, the jolly mood i had in the  morning is now gone, my heart races faster, i rush to the car to get some water.
I play jazz music to soften the mood whilst drinking more water and after a while i drive off.
Everything seems calm now, that was nothing, maybe I'll get a fever or something, i call on Langa she's fine with the kids and she'll be home soon. Cool.
The road clear, its just after 1500hrs and no one's rushing home, most employees are at work, just school-buses are roaming around.
The calm song Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masikela makes my drive doable and smooth, an old soul i am.
Stoping at all stop signs, waiting on the traffic lights as well, a good driver i am, am definitely sure am in the good books.
Time is ticking the traffic light is slow i should be going already, i check on my right and left, the road is all clear but I'll just wait on it, finally it permits i drive off moving in my car seat my body in the rhythm of the song.

Asemahle

After Smangaliso's confession, i myself died i wanted to scream and yell at everyone. They saw me suffer daily at the office but still they lied, they didn't tell me about his whereabouts, we cool i guess. I stayed for a few days just for Smangaliso's sake, after the funeral and thousands of rituals of which i didn't attend i drove straight home. Johannesburg. A part of me wanted to stay back, i had just a little bit of hope that Waylen would be back before the funeral it was his brothers child after all, but he didn't. Upon hearing the truth i asked MaMxenge if she had anything to tell me and with a smile she said "lutho ngan'yami" and of course i smiled back with alot of bitterness spiraling in me.
In my journey back home i was thinking of the constant dreams I've been having, the man in the forest he's words are always changing but clearly his message is i should bring his son back, which son? Yesterday i had one he said "imbewu yami ilahlekile, yileth'ekhaya ngokushesha iyazingelwa"  which son are you talking about?
Perhaps Waylen is in danger, I'll ask bab'Dlamini the seer about it, and if you had told me 10 years back that one day I'd be going around consulting with seers i wouldn't have believed you. I am a straight christian but then love gave me a different perspective about ancestors, and not that i believe in them fully, but am aware of their existence.

I finally got home to my apartment, vaxation consumed me, and i took my anger on my car and i somehow couldn't stop it, until Menzi came and took me inside. I guess that was the last time the world saw me, I've been hibernating for days now and i was enjoying it and am somehow less concerned about my job, I'd spend most days in bed and not to mention I've been crying quite alot. I switched off my phone, to avoid getting phone calls from work and home. Now that Langa is staying around she told everyone about my episode, and not that its a bad thing but i wish she had kept her mouth shut. The lies and the deceit is way over my limits, again why do i care so much about Waylen? i fell inlove with an impossible thats why. Siyabonga once came, it just happens that i was too lazy to go open the door and have someone over, i haven't cleaned my house in a while and its showing.
My car, i used Waylens card to get it fixed and for my little therapy reasons i had new interiors done, so i basically have a new car am just waiting for my lazy self to get up, dress up and take it for a drive probably go on a solo date.