Chapter 33

Langa

Talk about a right person wrong time thing, my water broke right after Menzi confessed his love for me. So dramatic, didn't feel much pain or anything, he was panicking more like he's the one to give birth and am the father of the child. We walked back to the car, with me walking like a duck and drove to the hospital, i wanted to drive, i was annoyed by his actions and that's when the pain or say labour pains started i wanted to talk, and say something nothing came out only a loud scream, which made him panick even more to the extent where we had to stop the car he was trembling  immensely. Remind me not to bring him near my child he might as well drop my baby .
Upon arrival at the hospital, i was rushed inside, my walls were literally tearing up i remembered my mother's words when she said keep your legs shut, i wish i had listened and did not open my legs for Thabo "screw you Thabo" i scream with my bones cracking, that i felt it. The thought of me under Menzi pisses me off, such a disgusting act "Menzi please go you disguist me" i shout at him kneeling down next to the bed.
He's been rubbing my back for the last 30 minutes we've been here but it only clicked to me now that we once had sex "but why, what did i do" he stumbles. I want him out "Menzi awuphume ungishayise ngomoya ungaphindi ubuye la" i argue at his statement "as you wish" he kisses my forehead, i slap his face off me. He loks at me laughs and runs out "screw you too, you're really leaving me alone, but its fine leave" i find myself yelling at him. He giggles and goes out, i want something to drink either but not from Menzi i call on the nurse to bring me water, instead she brings me coconut water "i said bring me water, plain water, just water not this you bring, water from the tap would do" i yell at her "coconut water will help you while giving birth" she walks out. Who do they think they are to dictate my life like that, am kind of responsible for their salaries. The nerve to disrespect me. Again i call out to the same nurse, she'll forgive me "please call the doctor for me" i ask her. This time around am even more nicer "what do you want fron the doctor" so much attitude "i want to know about the dilation" i tell her so badly wanting to smack her and shove her braids in her mouth.
The pains get even more intense now i just cry as if someone had died, the doctor gets in to find me in my situation, he looks at me with pitiful eyes. Isn't it disturbing that a man is looking at my wide open vagina right now, and he seems focused, this shouldn't be a mans work "there's still a long way to go ma'am you're at a 5cm dilation" he writes something down and tempts to leave "ever thought of the other way of giving birth besides natural birth?"he asks me. I didn't want to push someone's head on my vagina either but isn't it what gonna happen? "no actually, are you considering a cesarean section?" I ask him "no i was just asking and try sitting on the birthing ball it was quicken your dilation" he walks out.

Ever gotten used to some sort of pain, its around noon, I've been in this hospital for more than 16 hours, I've died a thousand times the doctors found some sort of complications which had a solution and that was a cesarean section. Am not against it its just that am a bit sceptical about it, and the chances are one of us might not make so its either i go on natural or cesarean. It had me screaming, the whole squad came to see me, i had missed them, if looks could kill they'd be dead. They should had brought something nice like food to ease my pain, Menzi still had his clothes from last night on, meaning he was here the whole time while i was dying inside, so much from a man who claims to love you. Though i was the one who chased him out but he should have come back. I wonder where Asemahle is when her father is galvanizing in hospitals, he has to go back home to his child, now we both have kids of our own.
I call on Amahle and Menzi, they should take care of this baby, this might as well be my last day on earth. Amahle will mother this child, and i don't want to hand over the responsibility to a man I've recently meet, my mother should be here to. Menzi finally agreed to go home but we had to talk first "don't die on me Langa lami" he says "i dont know am scared too" i cry in his arms. Speaking of which it's a very sensitive issue to him since Asemahle's mother died while giving birth to her. I probably stink but nevertheless i hold him tight "go home and freshen up, sleep and in the morning you'll find me here" my faith speaks "should we call him...your baby daddy" he ask "no don't" why is he even asking ruining the moment. I want to sleep in his arms "can you  stay here for a while" he gets in the mini bed, embracing me "i love you too" i say with tears running on my cheeks. He kisses my forehead pushing me to sleep, I've been awake the whole night and day and I've been injected with several injections to numb the pains and seems to work now.

I've prayed enough, i called my mother we both prayed and cried together. I do pray but not as much as i am now, i pour my heart into the heavens. I've dilated up to 10cm but no doctors seem to help me. My vagina has probably opened up to 20 centimeters now, I've tried pushing myself but nothing happened.
Around 0400hrs i called Menzi to come quickly, and at his arrival doctors filled in the room though he was chucked out, i pushed with everything in me, and in my tiredness i finally gave birth. I'll forever protect this baby even if its the last thing i do, I'd me much content to do so.
I had named him Mbuso, but Menzi jokingly said Mbusowezulu, it sounded perfect. I named my child with a man I've recently meet but whose name is deeply emblazoned in my heart.
Mbusowezulu Israel Bhengu. Through him am now a mother.