Chapter 14

Amahle

Oh, I prayed for you
Oh, I cried for you
I can't believe we're here at last
Oh, I prayed for you
Oh, I cried for you
I can't believe we're here at last
Can you take me through? Oh

Touch me on my face
Kiss me on my hand
Take me to a place where we find love
Show me what it means
And how it's supposed to feel
You got all I need
Can we make love
Like it's our first time?
First time
First time

..."but babe i have to go to church" I've been begging for this man to let me go, since yesterday. It's my third day anniversary of our relationship, if it does exist, " cha kulawungayi khona lapho, usufuna ukungishiya( you're not going, you want to leave me already)" he says. Last night we went out for dinner, my man is loaded. Thank you, and how's yours? He confessed alot of things, about his past love life, but still I'd never leave him, he warned me about his ex's who's a psycho who might cause problems for us in this relationship. So am basically waiting for this ex of his to show up and claim him back, so I can beat the devil out of her, if we'd still be together " I have to go pray" I beg of him " but you can still pray in here, or you don't want me hearing your prayers" he asks. Of course, you're not needed in my prayers "no I want to go worship God, for giving me such a wonderful... amazing...sexy... handsome man" I say kissing him in between, " how nice of you Nhliziyo yami, but am sorry still I won't let you go" he grabs my butt. Nhliziyo yami is the name, it melts my heart upon hearing, and he can see that it has an effect on me. I won't argue with him I'll stay with him.
The things we do for men!!

I skipped church for a man, it's in the afternoon and I decided to be useful and put my cooking skills to use. Mr DaVillas Waylen's father called him, so he left. I thought of driving out, but again I don't want to leave him, I had a nice cozy dinner for us. If only I had clothes in this house, I could stay longer, am always in his clothes I now smell of him. Which reminds me I have to get few hoodies and sweatpants from him for myself, he has a great taste in tracksuits, and after cooking I went to sit in his study, it's my second favourite room in this house, with his room being my favourite one. His study has this other section with his family pictures, I observe everything in them,the joy in their eyes, and every little detail of every picture. A beautiful family it is.
It's late but he's still not here, and am bored, I go through his books in his mini library, I go through them, and a black, brownish book catches my eye, i rush to take it but mistakenly I push it back, instead of pulling it, it's just a thing, I've done nothing wrong I think to myself, the sound of an old door opening distracts me from my thoughts. I am trying by all means to get this book out but it's just stucked in here.
I turn around to see the person opening the door but no, it's still closed, is Waylen playing tricks with me "Waylen was that you" I look around for the ghost. Silence.
Hunted house, and my mind starts playing the background song. I put back every book I took out from the shelf, and go for the door, I pass through the family pictures, and behind this big one picture of Waylen, there is something that looks like a door but it is slightly opened. Curiosity killed the cat, and I am a human, nothing will kill me. I push it the head goes first followed by my body. I close the door and am met a portrait of a very old man, an old women with two boys, isn't it obvious that's a family, the photograph hangs from the wall. The room is empty, it's just the photograph. Typical crazy people. I close the door softly, and return to kitchen.

He came back late, I served him his food, he looked a bit disturbed, but I just don't want to bother him yet.

Waylen

My father had called us to his house, he said we had something very important to discuss as a family. I tried explaining that I was with Tia and I can't come, he hanged up on me.
"and where is my daughter in law, wena" my mother asks, still looking from behind me by the door "mah she's not coming, I left her at the house, can I enter so I get done with this meeting your husband called and get back to my women" I humbly say. " go back and get her, otherwise i won't talk to you, and why is she in your house" she says. I forgot to tell her "she came by to visit me" i lie.
"well before we can start with this, I'll say this again no one dares to enter this room angry" my father utters looking at me " Baba please, say what you want to say, and get done with it, I left my woman alone" I say. They all scream, and blow whistles, I regret saying that " and who's this woman you talking about" Rawan, my older brother asks " I did find my mate, that you know of, but I forgot to tell you we are now in a relationship, it started Friday" I answer, while smiling. We chat about it, and the same woman who said she won't talk to me, converses with me "your grandfather has a message for us especially Waylen" my father says. I wonder why was the message not revealed directly to me, maybe it's important " he says he's blessed to finally see you with your mate, but in the long run he sees danger, Amahle, she's stronger than you think, you both will conquer, you should bring her home very soon" he pauses " and to you Martin you are to name your child Nkanyezi and prepare yourself for the ceremony, be vigilant at all times, your PA isn't good" My vision gets blurry, my heart is in pain, I get an emotional breakdown I see her holding her baby, we both sob agonizingly. I get back to my senses, my father continues, but my mind isn't concentrating, with me I get visions of the future " death" I whisper to myself, but my father hears it.
I compose my emotions and try to think of something good, I think of Tia, they can all read minds and Martin can't find out about this.
The meeting gets done with, we chill over some beers, " it's still too soon to take Tia home, she'll think am crazy, maybe after two months" I say to my brothers "maybe she wont, but firstly bring her here, to meet our wives, mom will be very happy" Rawan replies " but still isn't too soon" I say " how can you keep your mate, who's still unmarked by your beast in your house for three days, une'sbindi mfowethu" Martin utters. It is only now that I realise that am in trouble, I hope she doesn't sing, I'll let her leave tonight.