❊Flings are actually quite thrilling❊

WARNING: Slight smut up ahead

WARNING: Slight smut up ahead. It is not too graphic but still mature.

[-x-]

You return to the village late in the night with little strength left in your heart. Viewing your past life has taken its toll on your mental state that you have no energy to put away the kimonos. It will take hours to store them in a neat fashion, and despite the instinct to tidy up, your body rejects the notion.

It's clear to you that you are in a slump, too depressed and devastated to lift a finger. When dealing with these perils, you usually stared up at the night sky and enjoyed the night. However, as you drift around the apartment, you spot the invitation for your friend's engagement party. Fear injects itself into your nerves at the thought of seeing all those people. You've done well to avoid most of your aristocratic friends, but they will be there in the droves to celebrate Mikoto.

However, you are in desperate need of something to fill the void.

But what that something is, you do not know. All you can do is to try and figure it out.

[x]

You down another glass of sake—your fifth in fact—after an hour of heavy scrutinizing gazes. Despite your friendly demeanor, no one speaks to you. Mikoto received your attendance well and tried to keep you company, but alas you are but one of many friends who are in need of her attention and she must adhere to her hostess role.

Alone again, you continue to drink away the anxiety of being in a lavish party. You've attended plenty during your marriage and have hosted plenty as well. Yet when you are a pariah, it feels empty to be at such an event.

Another glass and you slip away from the party, wandering the massive Uchiha estate. It's a place you have visited a handful of times for their gatherings and whatnot. Acquainted as you may be to it, you still retain some sense of unfamiliarity to its layout. Many times you have gotten lost here with this current moment being no different.

You halt once you reach deep into the estate, far from the party and from those judging gazes. Although alone, you cannot help but find relief from it.

Though the relief is short-lived as you spot a man sitting on the walkway where a beautiful garden and pond are situated. His legs are sprawled out as he gazes at the moon's reflection in the pond. His raven hair, overflowing and spiky, gleams under the moonlight, his eyes a mesmerizing onyx color. In his hands rests a shinobi headband, and from how his fingers clutch onto it, you gather it to be some sort of tether.

It doesn't take more than a few seconds for you to recognize the man, who owns the estate. Uchiha Madara, head of the Uchiha clan.

Maybe it's because you feel a bit tipsy but you stand there in a trance. His handsome features surpass any you've ever seen, but it's his stoicism that has you weak in the knees.