⍟Yurina's Story: To know purpose⍟

[-Spring-][Age: 21]

[-Spring-]
[Age: 21]

The dark is deep within its possession of the sky. Not a whisper can be heard as all occupants of the night remain dormant in their abodes. Yurina appreciates the unbothered stars from her window, picturing its constellations and counting its force as it dominates her view.

"There are more stars than people on this planet, I imagine."

Her eyes do not leave the beauty, but she responds to her partner. "I'd imagine so. Did you hear back?"

Shisui sits by the small table as he begins to settle down for the night. He's fresh out of the hot spring bath provided by the inn and smells of soap and steam. "Yes, Lord Third says we should return and that the mission is complete."

"Great, I haven't seen my parents in a month." She twists her torso to give Shisui her attention. "Oh, you look comfortable in that yukata."

"Yep! This inn definitely is a splurge after a long mission like this. The bath was really relaxing too."

Yurina peels her body away from the windowsill to join Shisui. Once beside him, she presses her arm against his while resting her head on it as well. The proximity lulls Shisui to meld into her as well, bringing his cheek onto the crown of her head.

A reprieve such as this is well-deserved after a month camping out in the outskirts of both the Sand and Rain villages. The bitter cold and humidity wore them both out, not to mention being on high alert at all times. Sleep was never a concept, having bursts of rest times to make up for its lack of existence. 

The days were beginning to blend, and the idea of being human never crossed their minds. Finally, at the most opportune moment, they led the assault and received the outcome they were aiming for: the dissolution of a rogue group that appeared to be forming under the watchful eye of Orochimaru. His attempt at cloning was destroyed once more, but Yurina did notice an oddity amongst the paperwork in his secret lair.

The Reanimation Jutsu was discovered, a forbidden jutsu as decreed by Lord Third. Yurina knew of its creation due to Tobirama leaving behind his notes and studies for her in his will. Majority of his belongings did return to the Senju estate, but these in particular were entrusted to her. However, they were locked up in a vault within the village and taken special care of by the Third Hokage.

For Orochimaru to possess knowledge of the jutsu means that there has been an infiltration within the vault and that there is a mole amongst the highest-ranked individuals. It is information that they cannot send via courier, but soon, their return will be the moment they inform the Third Hokage of the betrayal. 

But for now, after having shed their shinobi mask, Yurina sends them both to an inn in the countryside. She can finally relax, bathe correctly, and sleep a full night. What makes it even sweeter is having the person she trusts most beside her.