❀Inner Rumblings❀

A/N: A chapter of only Madara?? Yes please -w-

[x]

To be called upon so late into the night stirs Madara's curiosity and annoyance. Having retired from his post, he believed his responsibilities to the village have been quelled. Tobirama is also the new Hokage, and that man would rather ask for assistance from a passing rat than to request anything from him. 

But alas, Madara finds himself inside the Hokage's office. He is greeted by Tobirama, Hashirama, and Hiruzen. For him to be disturbed this late at night and be amidst a small company signifies that the news is to fall on trusted ears. Though him to be considered trusted ears to Tobirama brings a foreboding feeling to the situation.

Tobirama leans forward on his desk. There is an extra layer of disdain in his gaze, and Madara can guess the reason behind it. Tobirama tried his luck with his wife and failed. The idea brings a surge of smugness to Madara's expression.

When the Uchiha's gaze shows the slightest hint of pride, Tobirama's eyes narrow. The situation does not call for him to pry into other matters, and he recites the reason for his summons. "It appears that several of the tailed beasts have been under a frenzy."

Hashirama frowns, "A frenzy? What does that mean?"

"We have not quite ascertained the whole ordeal. Scouts of the other villages have sent word of the beasts' hypnosis that has caused them to rampage. We need to stop them from performing any more damage."

The announcement does not bother Madara in the slightest, and he lets out a huff of contempt. "Why am I to be employed to this task?" Madara glances over at Hashirama. "Besides, I do not respond to the hails of our new Hokage."

Hashirama laughs awkwardly, "Don't say that. Please, we have to work together on this."

Madara crosses his arms. "Why? I am retired as are you. Leave it to the new generation."

Tobirama's permanent glare worsens by Madara's indifference. Resting his chin on the tops of his hands, he stifles the rage that churns at the sight of Madara. His brain also adds to the burn, constantly reminding him of that night with you.

Your lips. Your blush. Your heat. Your taste. Everything drives him mad with desire. What worsens his appetite is that Madara holds claim over you. The fact that you have chosen a man who will not lift a finger for a chaos that may unbalance the world only further weakens his restrictions in showcasing his true hatred for the Uchiha.

"Madara." Tobirama calls upon the man who is still set on being dismissive. "I will not act in a manner that feigns acceptance of your innocence."

Madara raises a brow. "Oh?"

"Every time you put an event in your schedule, there is a certain rumble happening within the tailed beasts." His statement earns him a scoff. "For instance, the last discrepancy happened during the engagement ceremony of Uchiha Fugaku. The two-tail went rampant in the Mist."