✴To you, my child✴

Your chest rises slightly then descends gently

Your chest rises slightly then descends gently. Another cycle of the same movement ensues, its recurring action placing an ease over Madara. Much of the week has been spent watching over your resting form. He analyzes any twitches or uncharacteristic breaths to be sure that nothing goes unseen. Should he spot a slight alteration in the continuity, he commands a nurse to call for Mito.

To say that the redhead is at wit's end is an understatement. She is called upon at least every hour to the hospital that it has become her temporary home. Hashirama visits every day in hopes of adding to the support, but all he does is add to the urgency that his wife checks up on you and the child. 

Speaking of said child... Nameless and untouched, she rests in her crib. She is a docile creature, one that mumbles when she's hungry and grumbles when she's soiled. Not a tear has been shed, not a babble has been heard, and petite due to her premature status. Though she reminds him much of you, and Madara cannot bear to inspect his child for too long

Her skin tone, her nose and her eyebrows are all yours, but her head already carries much of his dark hair. Her lips are also yours, and he can tell that she will be a beauty just like you. 

However, she cannot open her eyes. They are damaged beyond repair, and the scarring seals them shut. Her wound elicits the memory of his failure in protecting his family, a reminder he loathes, but he cannot find any inclination to direct such resentment towards his child. 

"Excuse me," Kaede knocks on the door before entering. She spots the solemn man and bows to him, "I brought her some clothes. Do you mind?"

Madara says nothing, but his lack of rejection serves as the green light she needs. Some guilt encroaches his heart for not having touched his child when others have. However, he does not have the capability to perform such an action. Not yet. 

The baby remains silent as her aunt dresses her in a blue onesie. The color catches his attention, and when your sister brings the baby onto her chest, he realizes the Uchiha emblem embroidered on the back.

Kaede notices the interest and explains, "[F.Name] had it ready for when the baby left the hospital. I think she was very excited to show you, but the onesie might be a little big for her... Anyways, have you decided on a name yet?"

"No."

She nods her head and refrains from any chastising. "I see. Yes, it's best to wait until my sister awakens. I am sure she would appreciate that."

It is obvious she hopes to assuage his guilt, but it is unflinching while you rest. Your sister touches and smiles at the child until the baby falls into a slumber. Once she feels satisfied, Kaede places her back into the crib and begins to depart. "I'm going back to take care of Kakashi. Also, is it all right if May stays longer with her family at the estate? It seems you created too much a commotion that they fear returning."

Commotion is an understatement to the blood that was shed. Your cousin staying there was a surprise to him when he had first heard, but when Kaede explained the story behind it, he allowed the girl and her parents refuge. If it is something you had wanted, he will not hassle the idea.