❆Kakashi's father❆

Toneri waltzes into your dayroom as you work on the final touches to the succession ceremony

Toneri waltzes into your dayroom as you work on the final touches to the succession ceremony. It has been a long morning, and your stomach grumbles softly for sustenance. Your eyes meet Toneri inquisitively.

"Hatake Sakumo has arrived." 

You nod at the announcement, causing Toneri to turn around and softly instruct your guest to enter. When he walks in, you smile brightly at his appearance. "Sakumo-san, thank you for coming," you greet him. 

He stares at you for a moment, brief but analytical, then returns the smile. "Thank you for inviting me. I read that it was quite urgent."

"Ah yes." You direct your attention onto Toneri, "Please tell Aida to bring tea then the boy."

"The boy?" Sakumo eyes widen with confusion as Toneri bows and departs. Once the door closes, Sakumo continues with his confusion. "I apologize for my impertinence, Lady [F.Name], but may I ask why you called for me?" 

"I was hoping for pleasantries first." You try to chuckle but notice the pain behind his eyes. It's then you realize how much he has suffered since the commotion. His reputation was sullied, but what's worse is that he still has not been able to lay eyes on his child. "I am sorry, but I would like to know how you have been."

"It is kind of you to ask someone who has created discourse among your clan," he sighs. "I have definitely seen better days."

"Hm, you said that last time we spoke too." You tap your fist gently on your chin. "I called you here today because I want to understand if you are an ally to us or not."

"To the Uchiha?"

You shake your head. "To my sister and I."

"Why would I not be?"

"Well," you bring your hands down to rest on your lap, "many people have agendas. Both my sister and I have disgraced our names in our clan and I am sure that many would like information on us... would like to see us fail."

His eyes waver with sympathy. "I understand what you mean. Shinobi always have dual motivations, that it is difficult to believe just by their words."

"It is something that I only learned recently. It'd be remiss of me to not act on it."

"Yes, but why must you ascertain my motive?"

You frown at his question. "I haven't been the best aunt to my nephew, to your son. I thought he was a child born from my sister's transgressions with my ex-husband, so I never showed him any compassion. I never hated him, but I also never bothered being an aunt... However, I have reunited with my sister and have learned her story. Now I try to be the aunt Kakashi deserves."

Again, his eyes hold much sorrow from just hearing about his son.

"It may not be my place to tell you my sister's side of things, so I will not do that until she is ready." Your statement disheartens him for a brief moment, but he does well to conceal it. "However, if I can hear your motive, I will allow you to meet him as I think you have the right to."