⍟Yurina's Story: To know love⍟

[-Winter-][Age: 17]

[-Winter-]
[Age: 17]

"Isn't it too early for you to have sweets?" Kakashi grumbles as he pauses in front of the dango shop.

Yurina remains seated, eating her three servings with not a care in the world. When she hears the grumpiness of her cousin, she sets a skewer down to view his apathetic stare. "I train from dawn till dusk. Let me enjoy my simple meal."

"That isn't even a meal."

"I'll have dinner at my house." She pops another sweet in her mouth. "Besides, I'm giving my parents room to be lovey-dovey."

"You used to be sickened by that."

"It's cute," she says between bites. "Let the old timers be cute, Kakashi."

"I'm not stopping them."

"By the way, are you going to be here for dinner tonight?"

"You know I can't," Kakashi sighs. "I have things to do."

"Root this, Root that."

"It'd be the same if I was in Anbu."

"Lord Third knows better than to keep you from my mom if you don't travel outside the village." Yurina halts her complaints at the feel of another presence making its way towards them. "Are you raising suspicions with your snooping, Kakashi?"

"... You really want to ask me that now?"

"He can't hear us. Not yet."

"How far is he?"

"A few shops away."

"I thought you needed to put your finger on the ground for that sort of sensory," Kakashi states as he analyzes the status of her hands. They both are firmly on the plate and the wooden skewer.

"My toe." Kakashi glances lower to see her touching the ground with her big toe which pokes out from the sandal. "Ever since you got here, I had a feeling the old geezer would be following you. My mom warned me that you were doing some dangerous things in Root."

"It's not your concern. I can handle myself."

"I know you can," Yurina mumbles. "But you shouldering that sort of mission alone does make my mom scared. She will be absolutely destroyed if anything were to happen to you."

"This isn't just for the sake of the village. This is for your sake... I don't know why I bother explaining things to you."

"Times up." Yurina sighs as she changes the topic, "Can't you just try to wiggle out of something to appease my mom and come to dinner?"

"No."

"Oh, boo."

Not wanting to deal with Danzo, Kakashi retreats for the Root hideout. "I have to go to work, bye."