❀Weddings and their ugliness❀

A/N: Just a reminder

A/N: Just a reminder. I am posting today and Wednesday, and I will return to 3x a week starting Nov 21st!

Also, I just want to celebrate... I FINALLY FINISHED TYPING UP THE NEXT ARC!!! It's only ten chapters but they are a bit long and very heavy in angst. I need a tiny break from it cause it went too dark. But I finally get to type up the following arc which is much less angsty and more cute. The two mini-arcs kinda make up the entirety of the summer arc but uh more on that later. Let's focus on this one!

[x]

You hold Madara's arm as you two enter the reception area. Due to a spell of debilitating fatigue, you had to lay in bed longer than usual and missed the ceremony. It pains you to not witness the joining of two friends; it also pains you to be obnoxiously tardy as promptness was ingrained into your mannerisms.

Madara had no qualms staying in and watching over you. As much as you pleaded him to go on without you, he remained by your side, stating that it was more of his duty to escort his wife than to oversee a 'dull' wedding. 

But alas, you two make it in time for the reception. It is hosted in an outdoor area full of Uchiha members and a few companions during their time as shinobi. Long tables are filled with meals of all kinds that you find yourself salivating. 

Toneri already knows you well and heads for the buffet to begin serving you a plate while Madara brings you towards a table. 

"I wonder how the ceremony went," you say to him as he sets himself beside you.

"Boring."

You nudge him with your elbow. "They aren't for entertainment. It's a joyous moment." 

He remains silent while eyeing the area. Many stare at their sudden arrival, but they linger on the sidelines for the hosts to greet you both first. He's sure that once they do, the rest will all flock over and give their regards. 

Toneri returns swiftly with food and positions the plate in front of you. "None for Madara?" you ask before taking a big bite. It's clear from the speed in which you eat that you will not offer a shred of food to your husband, but he does not seem to care.

"Don't worry about me and eat."

"Mhmm~" you chew happily, his presumed hunger long forgotten.

As you down your meal in a manner befitting of nobility, Saitama makes his way for the table. He greets you two with a lack of warmth, "Welcome, Clan Leader, Lady [F.Name], to my son's occasion."

Madara crosses his arms as his lips do not move to respond. You can spot the question in Saitama's gaze, one that Madara seems uninterested to answer. However, you feel a need to dispel the assumptions and speak up.