⍟Our Little Stories⍟

A/N: So I had a lot of little additions that I thought of when writing

A/N: So I had a lot of little additions that I thought of when writing. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any place to add them since the story was already long with a lot of perspectives integrated. I really want these to be shown to add more context to everything, so here we are. A chapter of bite-sized drabbles! Though some are actual chapters. I also have a dark non-canon after story, Yurina's data entry log, a SFW alphabet challenge for Yurina. Yeah, it's just all over the place for a 20k chapter... Enjoy~

[-]

Akane & Sakumo: A First Meeting

Snacking on a rice cake, Akane finds herself in the midst of waiting. Anticipation builds as no one appears before her and her teammate who consist of a boy from the Inuzuka tribe named Kaito and another boy named Tsubasa. Their injured captain remains in the hospital recovering from nearly fatal wounds, but with the village wanting them to continue their training, they are assigned a temporary captain.

"Is that him?!" Kaito exclaims. "Oh, wow! They really are giving us the VIP treatment here!"

Akane leans forward on the table to view past the boisterous boy, her mouth still nibbling on her snack. When she notices a tall figure making his way to them, her interest rises upon recognition. "Why is the White Fang here?"

"Sensei did say that he was good friends with him. Maybe he comes as a favor?" Tsubasa says in his usual even tone.

Akane swallows the last of her meal as all three of them stand at attention. Sakumo provides them a soft smile in greeting. "Excuse me, are you three Team 5?"

"We are, sir!" Kaito salutes the man. Akane bows at him while Tsubasa remains neutral.

Sakumo nods his head. "Right, I'm to be your squad captain for this upcoming B-rank mission. Let's get along then."

~

After a successful mission, the group rests at a nearby inn before they finish up the last leg of their travels. It's a splurge courtesy of their captain, who led them to their win. His skills and intuitiveness truly impressed the group when death was near; their mission had become an A-rank due to the involvement of more territorial shinobi. Had they been with anyone else as their captain, surely all three Chunin would have died.

As the innkeeper brings in their dinner and tea, Kaito immediately begins to inhale his food while Tsubasa selects only vegetables for his plate. Sakumo watches them all with curiosity, inspecting the dynamics of the group that his best friend had chattered about nonstop. At times he wishes he had his own group, but the village needs his individual skills far too much to place him with Genin.