❆Goodbye to my past❆

A few more carriages arrive at the village as well as the rest of your entourage

A few more carriages arrive at the village as well as the rest of your entourage. Both you and your sister ride in one of them while the rest are for the coffers. Madara, Danzo, and Kagami follow on foot, jumping tree by tree and scoping the forest for any dangers.

Inside the walls of the carriage is uneventful. You hear a few skirmishes outside, but none reach the path of your travel. As much as you try to fill the air with conversation, your sister seems to be in no mood to talk, and so you drift in and out of sleep during the two hours it takes to return.

Once at Konoha, you notice Toneri by the entrance. Despite his façade of nonchalance and the obscurity of the late evening, he still cannot shroud the concern that plagues him. He holds your hand as you exit the carriage, staring at you with a restrained smile.

"My lady," he greets you, "is the Clan Leader with you?"

"He's..." In an instant, Madara appears beside you. "...here."

Toneri bows before reciting the reason for his worries. "It appears that Lady [F.Name] has been requested by the Senju Head Estate."

Madara's shock is well hidden, but he still fights back on the command. "Why would the Senju demand her?"

"It is unclear, but there are many shinobi that are on the lookout for her." Toneri eyes the surroundings. Many shinobi stare, some are fearful to approach, but it is clear that you are wanted.

"I won't have her and my child step foot in the Senju area." Madara crosses his arms as a sign of rebellion.

Most of the time, his refusal works, but Toneri appears stubborn in his task. "It is imperative she sees them."

For Toneri to fight back brings a plethora of questions. Madara's intellect does well for him to understand the severity of things. "Fine." He turns to the other two behind him and points at Danzo. "Go with her. I will see to it that all these funds are imported to the treasury with Kagami."

Danzo nods his head and provides his arm for you to hold. You stare at the gesture, your mind lost in thought. "My lady?"

Your gaze travels to Madara, who looks at you with mixed emotions. The last time you two spoke was when he was admonishing you. After that, it has been the silent treatment from him. You feel so guilty for what you did and can understand the cold behavior.

"I will see you back at the estate then, Madara-sama," you say to him.

He detects the motive behind your statement. You question whether he wants your return home after the stunt you pulled. As reasonable as your confusion may be, he knows that he does not have it within himself to discard you over an event such as this. Not when he has done worse.

"Yes."

With just a single word, your heart becomes at ease, and Madara departs as do you with Danzo. It's a fifteen minute walk that you endure despite the exhaustion your body holds. More and more do you begin to place your weight on Danzo's arm, but he says nothing in response.