❀A den of lies and truth❀

It is an odd time for you to be out

It is an odd time for you to be out. Half past two in the afternoon, a time you'd be napping away in your room. Despite the heaviness of your lids, you remain determined in accomplishing your task. Your destination resides only a few minutes walk away, making the journey manageable. 

When you stand before the house, you take in a deep breath to still your beating heart. As your mental fortitude strengthens, the chilled air of Spring soothes any foreboding feelings within yourself. The faint smell of budding flowers compliment the wind enough so that you finally find mental stability.

You knock on the door. Within seconds, you are greeted by a surprised Fugaku. 

"Fugaku-san," you smile. "Good afternoon."

His body remains frozen as he attempts a greeting. "... [F.name]." 

"We need to talk," you state.

It's enough to melt the shock from his system and replace it with his original sentiment towards you: anger. "Unless you are here to revoke the status of your child, we have nothing to discuss."

His manners halt him from any attempt to close the door on your face. You show no signs of leaving; in fact, you appear ready to trample into his estate should he provide no entry. 

"Please, just... We were friends once, does that not count for something?" you plead. Again, that look in your eye expresses your utmost sincerity that it is near impossible to find any ill-intent behind them.

"Fine, but you only have ten minutes."

You perk up and follow him into the house. The area is quiet with little occupants to disturb the serenity. It's the perfect environment for your topic of conversation. 

He guides you to his study. There, you settle into a chair opposite of him. Upon the relief of your soles, you relax into the furniture with a satisfied smile. "So, how is Mikoto?"

"She's fine."

You spot the speck of annoyance at her name. "I hope the ceremony is still on. In two weeks, right?"

"It is."

His answer, although curt, is sufficient enough to soothe your worries. You recall that Mikoto was from a high-ranking branch within the family and was arranged in hopes of a fruitful partnership. His future was bright in being named Madara's successor, but with the title being taken, their impending marriage did fall into question. 

But it seems their relationship still holds strong despite the bump on the road. Neither want to dissolve what they have which does bring you more relief.

"Wonderful."

"What is it that you wanted to speak about?"

You hesitate on where to begin. Both you and Madara unintentionally slighted him, downright embarrassed him at his ceremony. Expelling apologies will mean little to him unless you return with explanations.