❆Much happens in the cold❆

A/N: Welcome to the Winter arc! It's going to be chaotic and dramatic which brings me great joy

A/N: Welcome to the Winter arc! It's going to be chaotic and dramatic which brings me great joy. Thank you to everyone who has been keeping up with the story and the enthusiasm you have towards the story. No lie, it's my biggest motivator in writing this so quickly. Enjoy!

[x]

The bitter touch of Winter nips at your skin. Flakes of snow follow, gentle in their descent and coat the village in its wake. The heat of your coat insulates you enough to not be bothered by the temperature yet your lack of mittens allows some breeze to infiltrate. 

You stare up at your old apartment with a fondness in your eyes. Much of your suffering ensued here in your cozy alcove that it feels odd to stare at it in a different point in your life. Before, you arrived divorced and alone. Now, you are pregnant and in a complicated status.

Your feet unconsciously take you up the stairs. You knock two times and await your sister's greeting. When she finally makes it to the door, you notice her haggard aura. "Hello... Are you okay?"

"Hello, sister," she heaves out as she allows you in. "Thank you for coming."

"Well, I read your note. It seemed dire."

"I just need help sorting things out." She sighs and returns to putting Kakashi in his play area. Another sigh and she slumps into a chair, the same chair Madara had sat in to propose your stay at his place. "I am running out of savings."

"Uh huh..." You wonder where the conversation will lead but allow her to continue before any assumptions arise.

"By the end of the month, I won't have any money left to feed Kakashi, let alone myself... When you said that our parents really abandoned you, I didn't realize the extent of it. I thought they were the ones that purchased this nook for you."

You chuckle at her baseless thoughts. "Oh no. They cheered for your actions and slandered my innocence. It took some friends and the will to power through."

Guilt flashes across her face. "I see... I am sorry. I really didn't think my selfish plan through."

"Enough with apologies," you sigh. "I hear one from you every day. Besides, what are you going to do with your money situation?"

"I need to return to work as a Chunin, but I do not have the money to leave Kakashi in daycare. Our parents won't look after him, nor do I trust them since they are still in cahoots with Tomoha."

"Very true."

"I want to become a Jounin, but the preparation and the exam are too extensive for me to attempt anything." She runs her hand through her hair in frustration. "Do you know of any services I can use in this situation?"

You tilt your head in thought. "Why won't you let Sakumo-san take care of him while you work on that? Isn't he also a Jounin? I am sure he can cover some expenses should you need it."