❂In my dream, there is❂

war

...war

"My lady, please remain closer."

The world materializes from the white of the environment. The sky bleeds its usual crimson color while the sun carries three black points. The village has grown over time with its buildings becoming slightly modernized. 

Your eyes drift over to the man next to you. Danzo appears quite aged with his hair shorter and his body less toned. However, his good looks still cling to his features. Half his body is covered in bandages, and you wonder what must have happened during your time asleep.

"My lady?"

You recall his previous command and shuffle closer to his personage. "Sorry."

He says nothing, being the same unsociable man as always, but you find relief in the steadiness of his attitude. As you two continue walking, you notice the change in clothing trends. More women are beginning to dress like the continent from where your sister originally married. Their skin breathes in the fresh air while their hairs flow with length and volume. 

You still wear your usual kimono, antiquated but beautiful. You pass by a mirror at one of the stalls and notice that you still hold much of your beauty. There are slight crinkles around your eyes but the vitality of your Umemoto skin still remains strong. You look far younger than Danzo despite being a few years older than him.

"Is there something you wish to buy?"

Your gaze falls to the items at the stall. The man sells jewelry of all kinds, but his appearance lacks any professionalism. In fact, most people here do not hold much... energy. You inspect the area once more and begin to realize that not many men occupy the streets.

"Where are all the men?"

Danzo's eyes widen. "In the war, my lady."

"War?" You bring your attention over to him, your tone bewildered. "What war?"

"Tch." The salesperson crosses his arms. "Leave it to that monster's wife to be clueless to others' misfortunes."

You furrow your brows, but before you can accost him for his rudeness, you notice him pulling out something from his pocket. Danzo immediately grabs your arm and pulls you behind him. He then takes out his kunai to block the incoming attack. You freeze up at the altercation, one that Danzo overpowers effortlessly.

In a matter of seconds, others have joined to subdue the man, who still yells obscenities at you. His words, however, fall undecipherable in your ears.

Danzo whisks you off from the stall as the man is finally arrested. When you two make it to an abandoned street, he performs a quick wellness check on you. "... I knew you shouldn't have left the estate today."

You frown, "Why did he call Tobirama a monster?"

Danzo pauses, "He wasn't calling the Second Hokage a monster. He was calling your previous husband that."