⍟Kakashi's Story: Early Summer Rain⍟

A/N: I have returned! I was trying to get back into the swing of writing but failed miserably each time

A/N: I have returned! I was trying to get back into the swing of writing but failed miserably each time. Instead I just took a huge break from being online. I went to work, then played games, worked out, and did a lot of wedding planning. Writing has never been stressful for me, it's always been a hobby that I thoroughly enjoy and remains as so. But it's nice to do other things sometimes -w-;;

So what I am getting at is that.... I barely advanced in writing this. I finally got Kakashi's story completed so that's a huge win in my opinion! I'll figure out my writing schedule as we move along the story. ._.; but all I can say is that it might be a tad bit erratic. hehe...

Back to the angst.

Trigger Warning: Suicide

[~]
[Age: 8]
[-Winter-]

The village that was once colorful and vibrant now dulls in its shine with the weight of the world's darkness. The colorful sunset that served as backdrop to his idyllic afternoons, walking hand-in-hand with his father, are no more. The playground where his father would pick him up after a long day of work is now cracked with wear and tear, the paint dirty with overuse. The street they traveled to return home is now overrun by weeds and debris.

Kakashi mutes out the noise of the village bustle as he makes his way home. As much as he would rather go somewhere less suffocating, he feels a sense of responsibility to tend to domestic matters. The excitement of being a shinobi has now fled his stature, and his uncle's words are now understood in totality.

The path of a shinobi is not one to take lightly. It is too overbearing a job that happiness is but fleeting in his journey.

Kakashi opens the door to a rather clean apartment. There are some dishes from last night, and he gets to work on them. Sakumo's lifeless gaze watches as he sits in the small dining room, his head low with permanent shame. There are no words of greeting to one another due to none of them knowing how to speak without addressing the tension in the air.

It has been a few months since Sakumo's return, and with his return came the consequences of his actions. From what was recited, the important mission that Sakumo was on had ended in failure. They were to extract captured Konoha shinobi and avoid an all out war with the Mist Village. However, his comrades fell into a trap and to save them, Sakumo found a way to escape with their captured brethren.

Yet that meant that they were discovered by the Mist Village, who used the whole ordeal as a reason to begin turmoil. The trumpets of war have been played, and now the village must begin to prepare for devastating losses.

Everyone blames his father for allowing the outcome, even the comrades he saved. Had he chosen to sacrifice those friends who fell into the trap, they would have died and their bodies discarded in hopes of never being discovered by the Mist. Sakumo's humanity did not allow such a fate, a contrast to most shinobi who have tamed their mercy.