❀The sisters of the Umemoto❀

A/N: I'm back from a quick break

A/N: I'm back from a quick break. Three chapters this week! Yay! At the moment, we have a very long backstory to the Umemoto. I tried my absolute best to edit this, but man my eyes are tired for a Monday morning e_e;;

[x]

It takes Kaede a few days to assimilate into a rhythm within the estate. She sleeps in a room beside Akane's and uses her days to document everything there is to know about the countries overseas. She also states her need to see mother every day until finally her wishes wear you down enough to comply. 

Knowing your mother, she will turn all of you away at the door, and so the only manner in acquiring proper entry is by utilizing the formal channels. You have Yukino deliver a letter to the Umemoto Head Estate, demanding an audience. Since it was written by Uchiha [F.Name], she has no choice to accept and welcome you to her home.

At the thought of visiting your mother after so long, a wave of anxiety overcomes you. Madara spoke against the action various of times, but you feel a need to visit one last time. Your strength lies in the attendance of your sisters and your newfound confidence. It's what brings you straight to the gates with your head held high.

"Are you ready?" Akane asks, wearing not a hint of nervousness on her expression.

Both you and Kaede nod your heads. All three of you don kimonos of expensive fabric, but your faces wear the experience of life. None of you appear in the same manner as when you left this place. 

The estate retainer welcomes you three coldly and takes you to the area you expect. It's your mother's entertaining room where she receives all guests of import. After all, you did use your title as Uchiha matriarch to garner such a welcome.

The door opens, and you see your mother sitting at the head of the room. Her expression hides behind her fan, but those eyes hold no warmth to see her daughters. When your eyes meet, her gaze narrows. It seems she definitely did not appreciate you signing your name in that manner.

"To what do I owe the misfortune of seeing a fallen princess, a Hatake, and an Uchiha?" She fans herself as her voice bellows through the room. Your father is absent from the discussion which is odd as he was always present for these conversations. 

The three of you sit down on the cushions in front of her. Neither you nor Akane bow to her presence, but Kaede does bow deeply in hopes of greeting her properly. "Hello, mother. I am happy to see you doing so well."

"Hmph." She slaps her fan against the palm of her hand. Her red-painted lips tilt with a frown. "You believe I am doing well? Have you not heard from your sisters?"

Kaede raises her head. "I heard some portions, but my comment is directed to your vitality and not your reputation."

Anger mars your mother's features, contrasting your sister's cool persona. Her expression twists as her mouth opens to subjugate you three. However, her refined manners are too ingrained in her body to forgo their grip.