❊A taste of the past❊

Day after day, you lose yourself in your engagements with Madara

Day after day, you lose yourself in your engagements with Madara. Every night you depart your vacant apartment and appear near the Uchiha gate. At times you find him there waiting; other times you await his arrival, but he always meets you. 

Before heading over today, you decide to eat at a nearby ramen dine-in. You chomp happily, savoring each bite of your new favorite food. Never had you experienced the delectable taste while you lived in the Umemoto estate, nor with your ex-husband. The stigma of it being commoner's food gave it zero adaptability in your chefs' repertoires, hence never consuming it.

But when you moved into your apartment, you found the prices affordable for what they offer. It sates your stomach to a near painful degree with today being no different.

'Hmm, maybe we shouldn't go too vigorously today. I might throw up my food,' you think to yourself as you wonder about Madara's plans for your late night festivities. 'I shouldn't have eaten two bowls, but I was super hungry...'

You pat your abdomen and sigh. Your legs are already well trained in guiding you to the Uchiha complex and do as so. During your travel, you watch the many people loitering around or heading home. Your apartment resides in the lower end of the village, sketchy as some might say, but you find your neighbors to be lovely people. Next is the more middle-class area and businesses, then the upper scale houses, and finally the giant sections of the more prominent shinobi. 

The Senju, Hyuuga, Umemoto, and Sarutobi are the most notable estates. Plenty of other scattered sections live nearby, but the one with the most land are the Uchiha's who are poised right at the edge of the village. However, as you pass the Umemoto estate, your wandering eyes linger at their gate but they pause at the sight of your ex-husband, Tomoha Kieto.

Your blood runs cold. When he spots your stilled form, your heart begins a new quick rhythm with a few skips in between. Your expression reeks of fear, earning you a smirk from him as he saunters over to you.

You had hoped he would ignore you, but clearly he isn't done tormenting you. "[F.Name]."

Your teeth clatter inside your mouth as you ruminate on how to address him. "Tomoha-san."

His eyebrows furrow, his lips quickly turning into a frown. Wrong choice. "It's Tomoha-sama to you."

Annoyance replaces your fear. Your eyes narrow at his arrogance. "I am quite busy, excuse me."

"Busy at this time of night?" he sneers. His assumption is vaguely correct, but he doesn't know the extent of your plans. "I always wondered how you'd get by if you weren't a wife. Now I see what it would be."

"My profession is a flower arranger if you must be so outlandish with your presumption." Your back straightens up, and you try to hold your head higher. "I do not have the time for your rudeness." With that, you attempt to escape again, but he reaches out to grab your arm, planting you into a conversation. You glare at his hand as well as your arm's lack of strength to fight back.