❆Everyone wants money❆

Your carriage arrives by nighttime

Your carriage arrives by nighttime. Only dim lights give view of the streets, but you can make out two other carriages awaiting your arrival. The drivers bow slightly, understanding what they are to do.

Danzo follows as you guide him deeper into the village. The straw houses are spread apart with some land in between, but at the heart of it stand stone buildings where businesses reside. One in particular has several shinobi waiting around. They appear to be guards, but you can't be sure of it. 

Ignoring the foreboding sensation, you stride into the building. Although it has the farce of a normal shop, you pass through the storefront to get to a bookcase. The shopkeeper nods their head for you to slide it open. To Danzo's surprise, he spots a stairwell that leads to an underground area.

"Allow me, my lady." He steps in front of you and guides you inside. 

Once at the bottom level, there are more lights around the cavern. No one occupies it except a teller and two guards, who all hide behind a thick concrete wall and window. You waltz over and take out the notes from your kimono sleeve. 

"Good evening," you greet him. 

The teller shows no courtesy for your station and recites his usual mantra. "Identification and deeds." 

You hand them over and bring out your pleasant smile. They glance down at their bookkeeping and scour it for your name. It takes a good ten minutes, anxiety heightening at every second. 

The man stops at your name and his eyes widen. He then slides his gaze over at the few men that guard the area and nod his head. "I hope you understand our precaution, but we must inspect you and your companion."

"Of course!" you exclaim as you back up a bit. The guards walk over to begin their inspection but hesitate when they notice Danzo's glare. 

However, they perform their duty quickly, hardly touching your form as they delicately handle your abdomen. When they nod their head to the teller, the man runs to a back room. You wait another few minutes before he arrives with news. 

"Our boss would like to see you, alone." He glares at Danzo, hoping to intimidate the man.

You hide your mouth behind your sleeve. "No, that won't be possible. My... husband would be angry if I went to a room alone with another man." Your heart prickles with glee and guilt for the lie you utter. 

The teller does not seem fazed by the rejection, arching his eyebrow with inquiry. "Your husband?"

You huff with a prolonged sigh of a troubled housewife, "Yes, Madara-sama is very insistent I keep my bodyguard."

The man's eyes widen even more as he turns white as a sheet. When he realizes the status of his life, he rushes back to the room and returns with a nervous smile. "Please go on ahead."

As expected, news of Madara's lover has traveled far and wide in the world. They must also know the details of said lover, a pregnant woman of your stature. Though you worry over the speed in which the news has traveled, you accept the doors it opens.