❀Hurt and love❀

A/N: I just want to make it clear

A/N: I just want to make it clear. Akane met Sakumo when she was 18-19 years old and he was 26. He was a temporary commander for her squad when she was a Chunin already. After that, she asked for training to help hone her skills to become a Jounin and that's when they started their 'affair'. He never met her beforehand and was never really her teacher like how Kakashi is to Team 7. However, their relationship is still a bit taboo (commander/subordinate with a bit of an age gap). 

Side note: What the heck?? You guys going wild over here that the story was #1 in Watty for the Naruto fandom for like 2 days. Out of 78k stories. I'm just... in shock. I see threesomes really do the trick :,) jk jk jk just go enjoy the chapter

Trigger warning: mentions of suicidal thoughts

[x]

You have collected many roles over the course of your life. Never did you think you'd become a mediator between your sister and her lover, yet here you sit in the middle of the two while occupying your dayroom. Part of you wishes for Madara's intervention as his curt words do part through the frolics and command effective resolutions. However, this conversation calls for a delicacy that he does not quite possess.

You clap your hands together to cut through the awkward silence. "Why don't we start with clearing up some misunderstandings? Akane, why don't you cut to the chase and go first?"

Akane shifts uncomfortably in her kneeled position. For moral support and an ease of mind, you grant her the infant. Kakashi, much to your confliction, provides succor for the mediation, and shows his usefulness as Akane takes the plunge to speak.

"I first want to say how sorry I am for being a horrible partner. You trusted me with your heart, and I massacred it unjustly." Her voice wavers with remorse. "You were so kind to me since the moment we met. You had no motive behind your treatment of me, and the respect granted to me is something I will appreciate forever."

His eyes hold sorrow that cannot be removed by fluffed words. This man has been truly scarred by her actions.

"Commander-- No, Sakumo." She smiles painfully, "Can I even call you that anymore?"

He breaks, his tears forming. "Of course you can."

Your sister almost crumbles from his expression until you interject. "Deep breaths, Akane. You need to make sure you fully explain your reasoning for his sake."

She holds Kakashi closer to her chest. "Yes, you're right." She breathes in his scent before continuing, "Sakumo... I was constantly told by my mother that I would become the wife of someone extremely important. There was no other path for me."

Sakumo clenches his fists. He knew of this, he knew that advancing towards her would tarnish her honor amongst the clan. The regret in his gaze shows that. 

"Every since I became aware of the Umemoto's true nature, I wanted to run from it so desperately. I thought that if I became a shinobi, I could escape from it all. That my mother's hold would never reach me. But it was incredibly naïve of me to believe that I could dodge fate."