❆It's all just problems❆

Whenever you visit his office, Tobirama witnesses you in either two states: insatiably happy or unbearably depressed

Whenever you visit his office, Tobirama witnesses you in either two states: insatiably happy or unbearably depressed. At the sight of you entering, he spots the subtle skip to your walk as you saunter over to your usual chair. Greetings are exchanged, your tone light and soft, and you two get straight to work.

No harsh sighs or grumbles are uttered, only giggles and blushing smiles. Something that can attribute to your pleased status may be something he heard through the grapevine; i.e. Kagami. The explanation was fascinating when first recited but also drummed up many questions. 

"So, I hear congratulations are in order," Tobirama says.

You hum out in agreement and set down your plume. "Have you heard?"

"From Kagami," he nods his head. "He says that you now carry the future Uchiha Clan Leader."

You may carry mixed feelings on the matter but find it heedless to express your concerns. You've mulled over the title for a few days now, considering all the ups and downs of your child carrying such weight. Ultimately, you decided it best to leave it up to your child when the time comes. Why meddle if it might be something they want?

"Yes, it was quite a surprise to be given the honor." 

The way you smile appreciatively and happy brings a wave of discontent over Tobirama. He remains quiet, his eyes perceiving every flicker in your words until finally he must state his truth. "You know, it is difficult to believe that you are this naïve."

"You think I am being naïve?" You arch an eyebrow.

He exhales harshly as he loathes to disparage your character with his realistic assumptions. "As much as you claim integrity, you must have known that he would pull something like that to keep his power."

His premise bleeds reason. After all, no sane person would assume Madara to have been tamed by solitude. Even if he is out of sight, he may still be plotting ways to hold power. The thought has never crossed your mind, but it certainly does torment Tobirama.

"Well," you begin to dispel his pessimistic view on the matter, "he said it was also to aid me in becoming the Uchiha matriarch."

Tobirama's eyes widen at the conversation's change in direction. "I see... What a turn of events."

"Mhm." Your expression morphs into a coyness that batters Tobirama's aversion to intimacy. He pines for that moment when you finally make those same expressions for him; such desires overwhelm his dulled emotions that he cannot help but avoid the topic altogether. 

"I still would not trust it, but we have some matters I want to discuss." He returns his gaze onto the paperwork in front of him.

You go along with his wishes to pivot over to something new. "Oh? What happened?"

He straightens up. "First, our funding has been severely cut so now we must find a better source of income for the village. Then, I have several civilian issues that we have to deal with. Glance at these lists of complaints and tell me what you think."