❀Maybe in another life❀

Pant after pant, step after step, you flee from the ongoing battle in the hopes of staying alive

Despite the inclination to stay and help, you know that you will only be a hindrance to those that fight. The idea that you can provide aid in some manner will secure their downfall. After all, the last time you took matters into your hands, you were near killed and had to be rescued by Madara. 

Assurance of your decision comes in the form of water. The flow of a small forming river tickles your feet. After the scuffle, you had lost your sandals and all that remains are your socks. You glance down to see the running water, and your eyes follow it back to the battlefield. A large wave has collapsed onto the area, but you've made it far enough that you'd only experience ripples of it. 

The sounds of humans clashing and yelling grow farther away with every inch further into the forest. The dead of night and the heat of the air caress your ears. Safety begins to locate you under the obscurity of night. 

"You think I wouldn't find you."

Again, the inhuman voice infiltrates the serenity. You have no time to react as a hand reaches out from the ground and clutches your ankle. Upon the involuntary halt, you lose your balance. However, your instincts to protect your belly rush into action, and your arms reach out to soften the fall forward. You collapse onto your knees, ripping your kimono in that area and sullying them with your blood. 

"Ouch..." Your eyes find the dark hand. It slithers back into the ground before the entirety of the mass rises from the surface. His yellow eyes stare at you, unemotional and vague.

"I didn't expect Toneri to switch so easily."

You say nothing in response. 

"What's even more interesting is that despite the warnings to not involve him, you still told Madara. I saw him receive your letter and rush for the village."

You crawl backwards as he continues to tower over you. The ground rumbles once again and you wonder if that is him making an entrance. A part of you pleads with the universe for his swift intervention as hope surges at the thought of Madara hurrying back to you.

When you spot a person high above in the sky above the battlefield, you believe your prayers have worked. "But he's too far to make it in time for tonight."

Dread catalyzes a panic within you. Your eyes narrow for a closer inspection as the sky burns bright from the flames erupting from that person's mouth. Finally, the illumination shines on their face and you recognize it to be Saitama. 

"The Second Hokage truly is a powerful man. It's only been fifteen minutes and he's pushed Saitama to his most powerful moveset." The entity does not sound amused.

"Tobirama will defeat him," you say with confidence.

The being still cares little for your hope. "Is that so?" It turns around to stare up at the flames that fight Tobirama. Their blows to each other are powerful, causing the air to ripple with force. "Saitama was never to defeat him anyways"