❀To whom I loved, even if it was just a little❀

A/N: 5 more chapters left till the end of this arc

A/N: 5 more chapters left till the end of this arc. I hope everyone is as excited as I am! I'm like half-debating posting at least 1 chapter of the new arc before I go on break for the holidays but I enjoy cliffhangers. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Side note: I posted another story, it's a modern-era Hashirama fic. Most likely, it will be worked upon next year near the first quarter (so like in a month or two). Please let me know what you think!

[x]

Again, you are plagued by the sinking suspicion that something is wrong. How is it that the moment you finally decide to tell Madara of the coup, a dire situation takes him away from the village?

What makes it weirder is that those haunting yellow eyes did not visit last night even though you were not with Madara. It was silent, eerily so. For them to not bother you means that they are preoccupied with something which brings you no comfort.

The burden of your knowledge is heavy. Your fear is suffocating to the point that you cannot eat breakfast with the same vigor as always. Your sisters and Danzo notice the change of air surrounding you, and to take your mind off of your concerns, they bring you out of the estate.

Spring fills your lungs with fresh breaths. Aromas float within the clear air, and the scent brings a calmness to your system. The colors run vibrant with newly formed greenery and thriving cherry blossoms. The season has always been your favorite for those reasons, its beauty exquisite and thought-provoking.

"Should we try that ramen shop where May's beau works?" Akane asks to lighten the mood.

The idea brings a smile to your lips, and for a brief second, you forget your train of morbid thoughts. "That's an excellent idea!"

"Great, let's go there!" Akane wraps an arm around yours and hugs you tight, "I also I want to tell you guys something and maybe celebrate it too?"

Kaede arches an eyebrow, "Oh?"

With her other arm, Akane brings Kaede closer into her to create a wall of the three sisters. Danzo lingers behind, his eyes gazing at the scenery. Though slightly hesitant, Akane recites her news, "We took a page in [F.Name]'s book and submitted the paperwork for our marriage. It was accepted and so Sakumo and I are married."

You grin, "You're a Hatake now?"

"Yes! Should anything happen to either of us, we want to make sure that we have legal ties to Kakashi and that he would receive his inheritance without any struggle."

Kaede widens her eyes. "That sounds ominous but intelligent. Say, do you even have an inheritance to leave Kakashi?"

Before she can provide an answer, Danzo recognizes a tall figure staring at your group inquisitively. He surges forward and bows deeply to his teacher. "Good afternoon, Lord Second."