❊He's like an umbrella❊

News of your disownment spreads like wildfire in the aristocrat community, but your parents have done well to conceal the addition of your pregnancy

News of your disownment spreads like wildfire in the aristocrat community, but your parents have done well to conceal the addition of your pregnancy. They either did not believe you or found absolute shame in you being pregnant outside of a marriage. It will also cause rumors to circulate amongst your sister and your ex-husband, a relationship your parents are desperate to maintain.

None of it matters to you. It's but a drop in your bucket of problems with your unborn baby being your main interest.

You have heard of motherhood being the most precious of roles and long have you striven to be one. However, when life shook out every aspect of your personality, you realized that trying to assimilate to a conformed role was not a healthy way to live. That trying to be a mother, a wife, a daughter was not what you should have striven for.

"[Name], don't forget to clean up back here before leaving!"

You pause your cleaning to glance up at your boss. "Of course, Yamanaka-san!" 

The afternoon is young and not many occupy the store. It's the perfect time for the Yamanaka matriarch to go out for some groceries, probably for dinner tonight as Inoichi brings home his girlfriend. 

You watch as she begins to depart, but your eyes cannot help but analyze her stature, how she moves with confidence and a sense of accomplishment. She isn't burdened by being a mother, a business owner, or a ninja. Her life appears well sewn, stitched with strong foundations of love.

Seeing this stirs an envy within you that an idea pops into your head. "W-Wait!"

The blonde halts her exit before turning to face you. "Hm?"

"Is there any way to start learning how to be a shinobi?" you ask with uncertainty in your voice. "I know that it may be too late to start, but I'd like to at least practice something to see if I'd find some purpose."

You know of the Yamanaka clan's specialty in ninjutsu and their position in the ninja world. Surely they must know something.

Yet she seems reluctant to respond. "The life of a ninja is far more dangerous than any profession. It has to be taught at a young age for that reason," she explains solemnly. When she notices your drop in determination, she hurries with an affixture. "Maybe some private lessons will help?"

Her interest in placating your feelings spreads a warmth inside your heart. "I see, thank you."

"I'm sure you have some friends that can help," she nods her head. "After all Konoha is filled with wonderful shinobi."

You smile, "Yes, I'll do just that."

Concern etches into her face as she thinks on the possibility of your shinobi beginnings. "Please remember to take it easy though. You are to be a single mother soon."

You stare down at your stomach which hardly shows any signs of pregnancy. The minute Madara had thrown you out, you made sure to tell her of your unexpected plight (minus who the father is). She responded with worry but also empathy and has been diligent in working around your status.