Chapter 13: Haircut

And so, tomorrow came as well as the start of our summer break.

Yesterday we decided on transform my out of the ordinary get up to a normal one. We plan to use this summer break which is about a month before we return to school.

Right now we're in the shopping district for my side characterification.

Ayaka dragged me all the way here and the first place we went to is the salon.

It was for me to get my hair cut done. In order for me to blend in with the crowds. I first need to make my hair shorter and neat.

This is necessary because even myself is aware that my hair was too long and messy to be considered normal.

We entered the salon and fortunately, we were the only customer there at the moment.

I took a seat in one of the chairs the barber was supposed to cut hairs, you know, those big spinning chairs that can change the height that's in front of this huge long mirror on the wall.

As I was sitting on the chair, I put my right leg on top of the other. I couldn't help but to have my legs crossed for the seat looks and feels so much like a throne. It was design in a very thronely appearance.

"Hehehehe..." Laughs menacingly*

This chair is nice, this could make for a very comfy throne.... Should I get one?

I was thinking how nice the chair as I play around with it making the perfect height for a last boss. I was trying to make it as tall as possible to get that perfect high ground feeling.

I was having fun until...

A tall man with huge muscles came out in one of the rooms of the salon.

Maybe it was the office of the salon, I think... I stayed silent and behave myself at that point from the intimidation coming from his muscles. Turns out he was the hair dresser that will cut my hair for today.

"Sir owner, can you please give my brother a haircut that will definitely, definitely suit him"

As it turns out, he was also the salon's owner.

"Of course, this salon is the best in town after all, with a 100% satisfied customers streak. I'm sure your brother will be one of them as well fufufu"

"Then, I'll leave my brother in your hands. Make my brother look good as much as possible"

Ayaka says while having her arms crossed with pride.

"Leave it to me. Not to brag but out of all of us who work here I am debatably the best"

"Hey now, what do you mean... you're the only one who works here"

She said jokingly with a smug face.

"Yeah, and that automatically makes me the best"

"Win by default I see... Well, can't argue with that"

Judging by how smooth the flow of their conversation was going, you could say Ayaka was already well acquainted with the muscular hair dresser/store owner so she probably already came here more than once.

Also judging from Ayaka's hair that looks pretty and nice, you could tell that he's good at doing his job... but I'm still overwhelmed with the muscled though...

While I stayed rock solid and silent in my seat the muscular hairdresser checked my appearance first to match the haircut.

"Now let's see"

The hairdresser walked to my spot to start preparing for the haircut and...

When he lifted my bangs, he said this strange thing...

"Oh my!... now I see what you mean"

When the hair dresser lifted my bangs, he walked towards Ayaka and whispers something to her ear.

"Little girl, now I see why you brought him here. He's definitely a looker"

"Oh, so you have already acknowledged my big brother's charms"

She smiles and nodded meaning that's it.

"It's a shame to have those thick bangs covering his face all the time. He would definitely be popular with the girls"

"Agreed, I also think the same"

Ayaka nodded her head with crossed arms meaning she's with complete agreement with the salon owner in his statement.

"Little Ayaka, I have an offer"

*Whisper*

*Whisper*

*Whisper*

"I see..."

As they whisper to each other, I just sat there not able to hear what they were talking about.

What could they be talking about? When the barber lifted my bangs it looked like he was surprised for a short moment for some reason... Wait, could it be that I was that ugly he needed to confront it with Ayaka? It couldn't be... right?...

The hair dresser came back.

"Your name is Saito-kun, right?"

"Ah, Y-yes? That's right"

I was surprised, it has been a while since a person tried asking my name, also he kind of scare me cause of the huge muscles looking like those of a giant gladiator.

"How would you like to be in our photo shoot later this afternoon. I'll make your haircut free if you would, and we'll also pay you handsomely based on how well you performed"

He put his hand together like people trying to make themselves approachable and less intimidating. It worked, it wasn't that much intimidating at all even with all those huge muscles he have. Now he's like a gladiator buying cotton candy from the store.

He gave me an offer to be in their photo shooting that will happen later this afternoon.

"Actually, I'm also looking for a model right now. The guy that we were supposed to take photo's of cancelled at the last moment. It would really be a big help if we have someone like you as his replacement. You have the same body composition as the guy who cancelled just now so the clothes you'll wear won't be a problem anymore"

Wait, so I wasn't ugly?.. I wasn't that ugly after all huh... well that's a relief... Wait don't get too ahead of your self Saito.

He said that the other guy cancelled at the last moment so that was probably what we were hearing in the room before he came out. They just probably picked me because I was already here and coincidentally the same body composition to fit in the clothes they prepared so it was convenient for them..

It was a relief that I didn't turn out to be ugly from that momentary pause he made earlier.[Referring to the oh my when raising his bangs]

Actually before we entered the salon, there were noice coming out of the said room that seems to be the office. It sounded like someone talking on a phone call so maybe that was the phone call he was having a moment ago.

Before deciding, I looked at Ayaka for confirmation. Because, as of now, she is my mentor on being the perfect side character.

She gave me a thumbs up and smiled meaning to go for it.

"O-Okay"

Is this supposed to be posing practice? Or maybe it's training for my lack of fashion. Ayaka did say that I needed new clothes.

All the clothes I have back home are mostly cool long coats.

When I was thinking this was for honing either my posing skills or my fashion sense, however, Ayaka was thinking differently.

This will help brother to boost their perception of him not being a loser... Prepare your selves...

"Whua ha ha ha..." Silent laugh*

Ayaka who was in the corner silently started doing a faint evil laugh. It was silent so no one got to hear it.

Ayaka was really passionate about everything and her determination can almost be seen in the form of something like a flaming aura.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~