Chapter 23: On the way to school (Saito)

Everything is going smoothly... I think? I took the same route I usually take on the way to school. However, it feels like noting and at the same time, something has change.

On the way to school.

As I walk on the roadside, along with other students commuting to school. I still got this stares from people around. However, somehow it feels different.

"Who's that?"

"He wears the same uniform as us, do you know him?"

"I don't know, it's the first time I've seen him"

There were girls whispering behind my back asking her friend who the person walking beside them is.

As I walk, there are people secretly taking glances of me, however, I wasn't thinking too much of it as I was already used to people staring. [Gets attention because he's weird]

Its working! So far no one has avoided me yet ever since the moment I left the house.

That's right, I Saito is walking along with the crowd without anyone turning away.

But I wonder why I still get stares though... It's not as much as before so it did change somewhat... Maybe having a few stares was actually a normal thing after all?...

Now that I think about it, back then, even before I had my Phantom attire. Other people also sneak glances of me so this must be normal. Yeah normal... [not aware of his face/good looks]

I was thinking how people no longer moving away when I come closer. While not knowing what is the complete meaning of the change in treatment. I just assume that it was because I no longer have my Phantom attire that's been intimidating them this entire time.

Now that I'm wearing a normal school uniform, the fear was gone along with not wearing the Phantom attire. I assumed the part where people staring is actually common from my past experience before I had my Phantom attire. [The first half was right]

After walking a while, I finally reached "Hokkyokusei High School", the school that I'm currently attending to.

So far no one has avoided me so operation [Blend in with the Crowds] going all according to plan. Fuhahaha

With all things going smoothly. I confidently made my step passing the gates entering the school.

"Who's that"

"Is he new?"

"I haven't seen him around campus, that guy's definitely new"

"He's so dashing"

"Do you know what class he's in?"

Students were wondering who could that person be? Maybe a new transfer student? However, the person they were curious about was me, Saito, or should I say, Phantom, the hero of the shadows.

I entered the school, walked straight through the halls while some student's glancing my direction.

Again they didn't avoided me while some quietly sneak some glances. However, I payed it no mind because I was already used to people staring.

A/N: Just to show Saito's confidence level.

I walked through the hall until I reached the rooms where the first years' classrooms are located.

I continued walking until I stopped at a certain classroom.

Stand directly in front of the door of Classroom 1-A (Year-1 Class-A) which is my classroom.

I stayed still for a short moment to prepare my self on entering.

"Is that his class?"

"Perhaps a new transfer student, I heard there'll be one today? Or is it tomorrow? Not sure..."

Now that my mind is settled, I slide the door then entered.