CHAPTER 48: Turning the tides

The ball is now on Kaido's hand.

He charge forward confidently like the last time because he knew the girls wouldn't be able to defend much.

Because of that confidence l, he got careless and I easily stoles the ball out of his hands, and we are now again in the offence.

Yahiko tried to defend against me.

He was planning to steal the ball just before I do a cross over. He tried to read where the ball will bounce judging by it's momentum and direction it was going.

However, I changed the rhythm of how I dribble the ball and.

Shifting his movement from chasing the sight of how I dribbled the ball, he lost his defensive stance and I easily passed through his weakened defense the moment he showed an opening.

He knows how to use hesitation moves?!

Again, at that time I don't know what movements I'm using and was just going with the flow, basing it if it was still under the rules.

So after crossing Yahiko, I did a layup and the ball went in the ring making the score 5-3.

"Yeah!"

The girls shouted, high-fiving each other, celebrating as we scored.

Slowly, more spectators took interest on watching our play which is currently beginning to be more intense.

"Whoa"

The spectators who was there from the beginning started to be more invested in the game more than earlier from when it started.

It was due to the intensity of the game where the fight from earlier which looked so one sided became more of a real match standing toe to toe.

Restarting the game, Soba Hito passed the ball to Shiki then Shiki passed the ball to Hakuto.

They advanced forward and I was the one who defended against Hakuto.

Currently, I don't know how to defend properly so... When Hakuto passed the ball to Kaido who was left unguarded and already bellow the ring.

After he receive the ball he did a layup while I couldn't do a thing.

The distance from me to under the ring was quite a distance so I couldn't really do much in that situation. It was quite a smart move coming from them.

The ball went in and another score was added to Soba's team making the score 6-3.

"We won't let you come close that easily"