CHAPTER 52: I'm Dizzy

She palmed both sides of her cheeks with her hands to wake herself.

Sigh... Alright! It's my turn to do the same as the strong willed shoujo heroine.

Finding her determination once more. Mocha disregard her insecurities for a moment and continued focusing on the game.

The enemy served. Mocha-san is now positioned behind the net from the current rotation.

The ball flew over and it wasn't directed towards Mocha-san this time for being in the front line (Opposite/Left side).

Their team receive the ball properly then passed the ball around two more times until it was enough to reached the enemy court.

The ball was pretty low and touched the net barely. Even though it touched the net, by luck, it managed to pass through just enough to make the ball fall in the enemy side of the court, making it fall straight down in a hard to receive position.

Although awkward of a position to receive, the enemy team still managed to receive it pretty well that a normal player can hope to react with speed.

They tossed the ball in the air and was going for a spike.

The spiker was on the opposite side of the net face to face with Mocha-san.

The spiker hit the ball.

I'll block it!

Determined, Mocha-san jumped the same time the spiker did to block the ball. But...

*Slam*

Ghack!

She jumped without getting closer to the net. She was about 3 to 4 steps behind the net so blocking at that distance was practically of no use.

Instead, because of the angle of the spike and her position. The ball hit her straight in the face and a loud slapping sound was made that can be heard through the entire gym.

She was knocked down laying on the floor with her eyes spinning and a really round and brightly red print on her face that can be visibly notice right away.

"Mocha! Are you alright?!"

Everyone rushed to Mocha-san who's currently laying flat on the floor. She was hit fairly hard by the ball after all so she was dizzy from the impact.

"Yeah, I'm fin-..."

Just about when she tried standing, she felt lightheaded and dizzy.

She struggled balancing and couldn't get up and stayed sitting on the floor until she laid again from dizziness.

She was hit really hard by that spike so her head was shaken making her balance currently unstable.

"Urgh... Everything is spinning. M... My shoujo heroine debut..."

She mumbled out loud while staring in the ceiling as Class Rep Hitomi-san held her. Hitomi-san has no clue what she was talking about.

"Mocha-san hold on, we'll take you to the infirmary."

Just when Class Rep Hitomi-san was about to carry her in her shoulders. A guys stepped up and tapped Hitomi-san's shoulder.

"Let me take this one"

"Saito, kun...?"

I picked up Mocha-san up in my arms like a princess. [Still under the influence of Ayaka's little prank.]

"W, Wha-"

Mocha-san got fluster by suddenly getting carried by someone in their arms.

I-I'm being princess caried by the delinquent prince?! This is so shoujo manga like...! ...Maybe getting hit in the face was the right call after al- ugh...!

Just thinking how shoujo like the experience of being princess caried she suddenly felt dizzy again.

Never mind. I don't wanna go through that experience again...

Mocha-san looked at the situation thinking how shojo manga it's like right now, getting hit by a volleyball as the trigger was worth it, but then soon reminded how painful the experience was by the pain she's felling on her face combined with a dizzy head.

She stayed silent as I carry her to the infirmary. It was probably her being flustered and also being too dizzy to react at the same time.

A/N: Wish this was executed better.