CHAPTER 62: Just a letter of challenge.

At the school.

We arrived at school on our desired time we were aiming for, which was being moments away from the first bell to ring.

Currently, we're now at the entrance and changing to our indoor shoes.

As I mentioned previously, by chance, before going home from school. I got to find out that Mocha-san's shoe locker was the one previously vacant next to mine.

So, right now we were standing side to side each other, about to open our locker to access our indoor shoes.

Like I said, we were about to change into our indoor shoes.

At that moment, Mocha-san had a face as if readying herself for something.

She put up a serious expression on her face as she hesitantly open the door to her shoe locker.

Could there be... Gulp*

Maybe there's one.

When she opened her locker door, seemingly hoping for something.

The moment it opened... It was normal.

"Sigh"

No letter... Not like I wasn't expect this...

There was nothing but her shoes inside.

What Mocha-san was hoping for was a love letter. For her who was treated as forgettable most of her life in school, it's like one of the ultimate goal to have recognize her existence.

Although disappointed, it was not like she hadn't expecting it. Because during her middle school years, she was also anticipating an event as that in her previous school. But sadly, it didn't happen.

The same time, after Mocha-san just opened hers. I casually opened mine and a lot of envelopes in different shape and sizes came flooding out.

Wh... What the?!

Mocha-san's eyes widened seeing all the envelopes that was enough to even start falling out of the locker as she stands beside me.

"So they came again. Huh..."

I said in a seemingly normal tone, as if saying I have expected it as if it was a regular occurrence.

He wasn't even faced about this...?!

Mocha-san was surprised from my lack of reaction about the letters.

The reason for the letters was probably the other day to yesterday's exposure.

A lot happened this past two days so my existence probably spread withing the students by now. Not that I'm aware off.

[Plus he's handsome, they're probably trying to go for a lucky catch kind of thing.]

Hm, I know this one... This is what they call a punishment game.

Is what I genuinely thought at that moment.

This past three months since school started. I received about 9 of this letters and found all of them the same way just like this, inside the shoe locker.

They all have the same instruction saying "Please meet me at the back of the school".

In other words, this is a later of challenge!

With contents of meeting to a private place such as a place like the back of the school. It could only mean that. They wanted to have a private duel against me, Phantom. Hm hm. [Nope]

However, when I arrived at the meeting place, there was no one to be found other than me standing in the back of the school yard.

It kept going until the sixth time. For the sixth time, there was actually a person waiting for me and it was a girl I have never met before.

Finally, an opponent.

"So are you the one who wrote this letter(The one whose challenging me)?"

I said in an intimidating tone, for as those moments. I was still heavily trying to act as my shadow hero persona, "Phantom".

Also, adding the seemingly angry glare I gave off because of my bangs, it was mistaken that I was very mad about something.

"Uhm. I Uh, S-Sorry!"

She bowed her head low to the ground apologizing from intimidation. Although, I don't quite know the reason why.

"Actually my friends just forced me to do this because I lost on a bet. I-It was just a punishment game!"

What does she mean by punishment game...? Ah, I see...! So the reason for those letters are a form of punishment. I get it now... Kukuku. I see, I see. So that's why.

I nodded my head thinking I got the full understanding of the situation as for receiving those letters I kept getting on my locker.

So the reason those letters are sent to me was a form of punishment... So they invite me, Phantom to a private duel...

Knowing I am the most powerful person in school. They set me up as a test of courage and see where they amount to.

So that must mean the ones who didn't present themselves was too afraid to even stand in front of me. Kukuku, as expected of myself.

So it was basically was just a test of courage all along huh. They should have told me from the start.

Is what I concluded on my own in that moment.

Mocha-san looked at me with eyes of confusion.

Was Saito-kun actually, really popular?

She was confused because for a while now, Mocha-san have this impression of me being slightly on the impopular side from how Class Rep Hitomi explained my character from before.

To her, it sounded like they don't want to associate with me because I was a past delinquent who is now trying to change.

We continued on walking to class together as the bell was about to ring in just a short moment.