Notice

I don't know why but this is getting a lot of views suddenly Lol.

For some reason (my) Wattpad is acting up and messing up the chapter arrangement for chapters 68 and 69.

Okay, I have to be honest with the og's whose been waiting a few moths ago. I procrastinated haha. But don't worry, there's a few months(this series timeline) of solid content just waiting to be written. That's probably a 3-4 arcs long. It's just that, I don't know when hehe.

The reason was, I started attending collage. Well, there's a lot of gaps through class schedules so I'll probably draft some from time to time if there's no school work to do. So don't expect a chapter in a timely manner.

Also, there's already a revised version but I'll probably decide to post it later when I fully returned, or at least after the turning point of the series.

Nothing much changed.

Some changes are: 1. After the first day of photoshoot, Saito met up with Haruka multiple times during the summer break to finish off the magazine. During the photoshoot, Saito was wearing his Phantom attire concealing his face(Specifically the upper part of his face. 2. Mocha's phone was a flip phone. On their first meeting, Saito was a little surprised that he bumped to Mocha and mention something like his presence detection was off.  It made him feel that he became significantly weaker after not wearing his phantom attire

Now about the story as a whole.

This series is more or less a full circle kind of story. Everything happens for a reason. So when you feel something is forced, there's actually a reason behind it. (Nothing's a coincidence yet)

Have you guys noticed that Saito's goal isn't really stated? Why did he wanted to be a shadow hero in the first place? Have you noticed that he's not acting like your typical chuunibyou? The spell casting etc.? Why did he adjust so well at being normal if he's a total chuunibyou?

As the series progress, you'll get to know that Saito has just been looking at things at a child's point of view(and a bunch of elements as to why and how he acts). It's not that he's dense, it's just that he hasn't bloom yet. You'll see what I mean in the sport's day arc and cultural festival arc.

Remember, nothing was a coincidence. Just like when Mocha transferred through a lie of moving, think of it like that.

Almost all the seed have been planted and ready to exploit. (Literally everything until now is a plot point and foreshadowing)

The romcom have not yet started. The romcom in this one would be really tame. Even the perverted stuff is like I don't care if I saw your underwear.

Damn it, I really want to spoil the whole plot to you guys so much so but it would most likely look bad for the series coming from the author himself.

What to expect of the story.

This series is somewhat a what if a romcom like this existed and what if that event happened. It would try to deviate from the bad habits of romcoms in anime and try to stay bound to reality and logic(No punching after seeing panties). It would try to respect the reader's intelligence as much as possible.

There would be a hell of a lot of misunderstandings. Because of Saito's perspective of romance is modeled after a battle shounen protagonist. He's too blinded about the things he wanted to happens as a shadow hero chuunibyou.

However, even with all the misunderstandings, it somehow always works out for the better.

Basically, this is a selfish series about wanting to see something different not using the usual formula as the other romcoms(trying it's best not to follow through cliches). Completely original scenes and a mixture of all the good stuff I found in a series. (Like what if the fireworks interruption during a confession in a festival setting was intentional, a sabotage of confession)

In context, the main character in this story is doing cringy things acting all edgy, but because it was Saito, it somehow blended in well as the early theme of the series. Well, I would leave it up to you guys to decide in the future. At least until you get to the cultural festival arc.

And about the harem members. I may or may not have made them too likeable to pic one so no truest ending yet.

Okay I can't take it anymore, I'll spoil a little.

Falling in this serries is both physical and metaphorical. While the fallings did happen in their encounters, it is also a symbol. Haruka tripped and fell down lightly, it foreshadows that at that moment, Haruka fell for Saito slightly. Senpai fell from a height symbolizing that she's the one who fell for him the hardest. And Mocha bumping to Saito unexpectedly indicates that falling in that time was unexpected (The usual faithful encounter heroine/the wild card), and the ones yet to be introduced.

Looking at that revelation it would sound like Mocha right. Fufu, let's see.

There are already a lot of plot points that I think you guys will enjoy where it would be used.

Damn it, I wanted to tell it already.

So, yeah. That's about it.

Updates would be really slow so sorry about that. The series would be a hypocrite of the anime romcom harem series and does not tell the full context of what it is supposed to be.

Don't get surprised because the reveal near the ending in the far far far future will shed light and come to a full circle.

Ps. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the romcom hasn't even started yet. It was only the third day when he returned to school. So far, it was only the character introductions. Mocha still hasn't finished what her relation with Saito would be.