CHAPTER 53: She was special?

Why did I insisted on carrying Mocha-san myself, even though I was at the opposite side of the gym?

And even though there's a lot of student's available, including Class Rep Hitomi-san who was more willing to take on the role you asked?

This is also part of [Operation BETA]

Generic Student Characteristic Code: BETA - Show unconditional amounts of kindness.

Kukuku. I'll take every kindness opportunity I can get. For the sake of being the generic student character Kuhahaha.

I thought of it as trying to shape my shadow hero act.

It says on the internet that every generic character always show an awfully good amount of compassion and kindness.

I don't know why but, it also says that they're pretty dense and for some reason, the one who posted the article seemed really angry about it.

A/N: The poser was ranting about how can some pathetic of a guy as main character, who lacks personality, whose only redeeming features was that they are kind and somehow gets a harem that he wasn't aware of. Lol
Basically, a self insert kind of MC.

...

At the infirmary.

I successfully carried Mocha-san to the infirmary.

Unlike senpai, who's heavier in assets. I caried Mocha-san pretty effortlessly as Mocha-san was lighter and the weight distribution isn't too out of balance.

The moment we arrived at the infirmary. I laid Mocha-san on the clinic bed waiting for the school nurse or the student in charge to arrive.

By that time, Mocha-san's headache already subsided. But still... She looked somewhat down for some reason, as if something was troubling her.

I didn't really took notice because I was too eager to head back to get more kindness points for [Operation BETA].

"I'll be going now"

Just when I tried heading back. Mocha-san grabbed me by the end of my shirt and I stopped from feeling of someone holding me back.

"Uhm... T, thank you..."

"No problem"

She thanked me with her face a little flushed.

She looked at me intensely as if she wanted to tell me something.

"W... What is it. Mocha-san?"
[Talking in a BETA character tone]

"C-Can I ask you something?!"

"Eh, s-sure..."
[Part of Operation Beta: Always say "Eh" every given moment while stuttering a bit]

"H... How can you do that"

How can you interact with people so easily.

Mocha-san was under the impression of me being a loner from being a delinquent. So she thought I wasn't really that good with people.

Is she talking about my side character act?

Is what I thought because. It was the whole point why I asked her if I looked like a side character in an anime earlier this morning. Remember, I tried to get her opinion because now, we share the same secret of me not being just a normal person.(Hood incident)

"I don't know... Practice, I guess?"

It was the honest truth. I did train my side character act with the help of Ayaka's guidance and interaction with Haruka this past month. Although it wasn't related to Mocha-san's question.

"I see. Practice huh..."

I guess if it's him, I could place my trust to tell him as people who bares the same circumstances of escaping being loners... [Well, not really]

"Actually. I, I was trying to change"

Is what she revealed to me all of a sudden.

"What... do you mean?"

She looks serious for some reason.

I acted clueless as to act being a total [Beta character].

"I, I want to blend in with everyone!"

I wanted to make friends with everyone!

Mocha-san shared her feeling of wanting to belong.

I see... So it really was to blend in with the crowds. Huh...

She didn't specify it enough so I just assumed and relate it to my side character act as people who shares the same secret. (Hood incident)

I just nodded thinking of a reply.

"Don't worry, you'll get there eventually"
As a person who can hide amongst the crowds.

Is what the words of encouragement I gave top her thinking she was aiming for a role of a bystander.

This is the word of encouragement scene so I probably should add some backstory to it.

"Actually, I was trying to change as well"

"R, really?"

Trying to give a back story of how I ended up wanting to blend in with the crowds. I shared to her my experience before the sidecharacterification.

"Yeah. At first, I thought that being avoided was fine (hella cool)"

"But then, I soon realized that I was doing it all wrong" Because I wasn't hiding amongst the crowds.
[Still isn't hidden in the crowds]

We really are alike...

Mocha-san felt a sense of resonance.

Well, I'm already aware how it is for him from Hitomi. But, hearing it directly from him. Is, somewhat a warm feeling.

For him to be telling me all this. Does this mean, he alread trust me...? That, does make me feel a little happier...

I then gave my final word of advice before I leave.

Let's leave a cool quote before I make my dramatic exit.

"It is up to you to make a change. If you couldn't find your way, then come to me. I will give you the answer that you seek."

This quote is directed to those who lost their path.

What I'm trying to play out here is the ["I know the answer. Come and find me"] scenario that is usually spoken of the anti hero/ vigilante who holds some secrets and truth about important plot points in the story.

Is he trying to encourage me, and saying I could rely on him?

Is what Mocha-san was assuming thinking it was just me being cold but caring again, the way I acted earlier during lunch and when exchanging notes.

"Okay then. I'll be going now"

I still need to collect kindness points.

I opened the door and tried to leave but.

"W-wait!"

Once again, just when I was about to leave, Mocha-san stopped me.