Chapter 83: Absolute Talent Vs Absolute Effort.

“Woo Hooo! Who could have guessed their duel to turn like this? It’s so intense! This duel is turning out to be more exciting than I initially thought, and that’s coming from me, I’m a pro at this and have seen many talents.” The emcee said, excited while still playing his work entertainer persona.

“Ehem, sorry about that. I got a little too excited from their overwhelming performance. Anyways, let’s move on to the second half portion of this duel. That is, voice control a.k.a. singing competition!”

“Our first singer would be Hitedoshi Fumidai. Mr. Hitedoshi Fumidai, if you are ready, please step up and show us what you got.”

“Yes.” With assurance, Hitedoshi smiled and made his way up to the front stage.

He held the mike just waiting for the music to start.

[Although many people already know this, Yukiya Saito had not yet been informed of this trivial but widely known fact regarding the genius of a talent by the name of Hitedoshi Fumidai.]

Hitedoshi Fumidai is the known “all-rounder genius” in the entertainment industry, being able to perform in almost any of the mainstream talents, excelling at acting, dancing, singing, etc., combining it with his model-like looks.

He seemed like the type of person to succeed in life with his overwhelming charisma built of those qualities alone. A bonafide A-class character.

However, there’s one weapon the people know him for the most, which raises him up to S-class.

Although it is true that due to his rich and influential family, was he able to debut as a pro faster than most people, reaching his current popularity. However, simply having rich parents wasn’t enough to survive in a world as harsh as the entertainment industry.

Excluding the fact of his privileged upbringing, Hitedoshi Fumidai was always meant to be part of that world eventually. Even without his family's influence, from a random upload of him singing just for fun, he trended on social media and became a phenomenon amongst thousands of social media users.

His singing caught the attention of many, his unique and talented voice seemed to be graced by the heavens above. They adored his cover of songs that they previously thought were already perfect.

People around him suggested that he go pro. So, he did. And is now currently serving as his professional career.

However, due to excessive admiration from fans, peers, and even adults, people who cater to his every need constantly reinforce his importance, further boosting Hitedoshi’s already inflated ego. His parents aren’t any help at all as they also contribute to spoiling him even without his celebrity status. The reason why he felt as though he could be forgiven for many things he’s done wrong in the past, like missing out on the model shoot with Haruka-san, which this time received a lot of backlash as Haruka’s fanbase is no smaller than his.

Well, it’s not completely the main reason tho, though his controversies just kept piling up, and the magazine shoot with Haruka just happens to be the final catalyst for the public to realize he’s changed.

And right now, he’s here to redeem himself and remind everyone why people adored him. By demonstrating his overwhelming god-blessed talent.

The music starts, taking a deep breath, Fumidai’s mouth opened.

The moment his mouth opened; an enchanting voice let out that enchanted the crowd was let out. Hitting the notes perfectly and voiced pitch perfectly. It was a voice that no one can deny was purely born from innate talent, that no matter how many years you trained, will never be able to replicate the sound that he makes without being blessed with the same vocals.

This was the voice that raised him up to a level of S-tier-class kind of performer.

A/n: Think of him having a Justin Bieber-blessed level of a voice.

The crowd cheered for Hitedoshi Fumidai, they even sing along with him when the chorus comes, continuing even all the way up to the very end of his musical number. It just goes to show how much they love the song choice and his pitch-perfect voice.

Everyone in the crowds is having an exceptional time. Because to them, from their perspective, this was practically a free concert from a nation-famous performer such as Fumidai Hitedoshi, as he himself is one literally.

Even I was amazed at Fumidai’s performance. I almost thought of him as if he was actually a professional singer. [He is a singer.]

Hitedoshi isn’t really known for his dancing. His looks alone and his name and presence were enough to generate the same amount of cheers in his previous performance. But now that his main weapon, which is his voice that has taken the spotlight, people couldn’t help but get excited by this. The cheers are now louder than they had ever been before.

It now feels genuinely like an authentic concert with him singing on a stage that wasn’t there before, complete with stereo system and professional personnel.  It was as if, they had won a lottery ticket to a famous known idol. Even if it’s not an idol you support, at the end of the day, it’s still a concert from a famous known person, so might as well enjoy it to the fullest.

Hearing his voice, I could tell that he had put a lot of time and effort to achieve his current level.

His performance finished, with the stage going silent, the eruption of cheers envelops the area, going louder than the cheers had ever before in our previous dance battle.

Walking over to the back after his national class performance, our eyes met, and I greeted him.

“I could tell, you put in a lot of effort in that. Good job.” I complimented.

Seemed to be surprised why I complimented him, he responded.

“Dumb ass,” thinking I was mocking him, with somewhat of a distant tone, Fumidai responded. “Working hard is for the untalented.”

But in truth, Hitedoshi Fumidai countless trained to achieve his current level. But due to having good looks, and being raised in a fortunate household, people tend to underplay his countless efforts, failing to see past his good looks and family’s wealth, the effort he has been through to achieve the level of skill he has now.

With a menacing tone, and a grin on my face. I said,

“Well then, if that is your answer. Let me show you what true efforts look like.” I declared, covering my face with my hand “That talent of yours, I’ll crush it.”

“I’d like to see you try,” complacent, Fumidai responded. "Tho it's futile."