CHAPTER 49: A Dunk

The core is now 6-3.

We now hold the ball again and preparing to attack.

I took possession of the ball and then advanced forward.

Now, face to face with Kaido, who's performance can be argued their best player amongst the group is now defending against me.

"This time I wont let you pass"

I did another hesitant dribble then faked to do a crossover. It was a big step forward like a huge leap for a run so he followed the direction I was going.

Midway Kaido realizes that it was all an act. He tried to get back to his position but it was too late.

The moment he tried to turn, his momentum can't stop and lost balance making him drop to the floor.

An ankle breaker?!!

Seeing him on the ground. It was now a clear shot. Right here in the three pointer line, I jumped and shoot the ball just like Soba did in their fifth point of their team.

The ball went in without hitting the ring just like Saba's did.

That makes the score 6-4.

"Whoaaaa!!! An ankle breaker!!"

The spectators was hyped and shouted out of shock and excitement from the sight of an ankle breaker.

"Did you see that!"

"An ankle break!"

Because of the noice. More and more people gathered to watch the game from how intense the match was going.

Shiki dribbling the ball. He passed it to Hakuto. Kaido who was waiting on the middle for a pass.

"Hakuto! pass me the ball"

Hakuto about to pass the ball was blocked and the ball was stolen by none other than me.

It clearly can be seen that they're formation starting to break and body slowing down from fatigue.

With only Soba Hito waiting in the back line near the ring. I charged.

Soba Hito, who only knows how to shoot and don't know to defend panicked.

His shoelace was also undone and didn't notice. When he tried to take a step he tripped.

He's now kneeling as if he was a table.

The crowd cheered for me as I charged.

"Go! You can do it"

"Yeah, beat them!"

Seeing the opportunity, I stepped on Soba's back with now the lack of jump from earlier was met. It made the ring now reachable, so I dunked.

He stepped on him...? (referee)

He stepped on him?! (spectators*)

He stepped on me?! (Soba)

I stepped on Soba's back to get a boost without knowing it was a foul.

The score is now 6-5. Or it was supposed to be.

*Whistle*

"Foul. You can't step on players to use them as boost. Did anyone even tell you the rules?"

"Ah, sorry. I didn't know... I just know the basics"

I was never really thaught which are fouls so when I saw an opportunity to step on Soba when he's down, I took that opportunity to use him as foot step to dunk.

The referee didn't count the point for the foul so the score is still 6-4.

After confronting me what I did wrong and explaining to me why, the game continued.

Resetting the game, Soba's team holds the ball and charged.

Yahiko who was dribbling passed it to Soba who's already waiting on the left side of the three pointer line.

I, who was defending against Kaido was on the opposite end so I don't have enough distance to block Soba's shot.

Luckily, when soba tried to do a three, it misses and bounces off the ring.

I, at the time was already under the ring by then and was now up against Yahiko on the rebound.

Just like the first time at the jump ball, I grab a hold of the ball first.

I charged and in about when I'm already in the middle of the court, Kaido and Shiki was double teaming me.

"You can't pass the two of us at once.

"Sigh"

I took a deep breath and.

I stepped back passing the half court line and suddenly threw the ball at half the court's distance.

They looked at it as it flies over above everyone's heads and spectators stayed silent.

And then... The ball went in.

"Did you see that? At that distance?"

"Half court! Let's Gooo"

"Why isn't that guy in the basketball team"

"His shooting range is half court?!"

"Did no one tried scouting him"

Spectators are rousing and student's in clubs set their eyes on me as I, at the time looked really athletic and fit to be a member as a potential ace.

Soba's team looking totally defeated.

"Damnit. That should be us getting praised"

"Well, that's what we get for underestimating our opponents. I guess..."

"Let's just get this over with. I'm tired"

"The games not over yet. Prioritize restraining Saito's movement. We haven't lost yet"

Their morals are getting lowered but still have some determination on winning.

Okay. With all conditions met. I think its time for the new special move.