Chapter 26: I'm just a Perfectly Normal Student

The class session started, everything calmed down by teacher Hageshi telling the class to behave in their seats... except a few glances(a lot) from my classmates still curious about what happened to cause the sudden change.

I didn't notice that they're staring because I was focusing on the lesson as a proper student should.

As the lesson was almost over, with only 10 more minutes left before the first period ends, the teacher wrote numbers on the board.

It was mostly questions about the lesson from the discussion just now.

The questions are made up of numbers because the period right now is math period. There are ten equations in total written by teacher Kyoshi Hageshi ready to be answered on the board. "Who can solve this?"

Teacher Kyoshi asked while pointing his ruler at the board.

"If you guys payed attention to the lesson then you should know the answer"

The whole room was silent... All of the equations seems pretty hard so no one dared to raised their hand to answer.

It was most likely they didn't get the lesson or they are not confident enough to say that they got a full understanding of the formula. It's not that they didn't pay attention, it's just that it was that difficult.

"Alright, if no one answer I'll start calling names"

Everyone was nervous and panicking inside their minds from not wanting to get picked to answer the hard equations on the board and the embarrassment of not being able to answer.

Teacher Kyoshi looked around to pick someone to answer and the very name he called was...

"Saito Okuzaki, do you know the answer?"

It was mine... Everyone's eyes looked at me.

"Ah-, Yes!..."

"Then can you come up front and answer the equation on the board? If you payed attention to the lesson I'm sure you could solve each one of them all"

"Yes"

I said with confidence.

This is my chance to demonstrate how a perfectly normal student I am!

I determinedly stood up walking towards the board. The teacher handed me the chalk but I was a little confused about something so I asked...

"Um... Teacher, isn't this a little too much?"

Do I really have to solve them all?... Isn't ten equations too much to prove I'm paying attention?...

There are ten questions in total. And to add, with long solutions to solve each one so I was a little overwhelmed.

"No, that's just about right. If you payed attention you'll get the answer correctly even if its quite long"

Students needs to learn how to solve problems on their own even how long and complicated the solutions are. [The type of teacher who teaches with tough love]

I was talking about how many I should answer because he said that I could answer all question that I understood. However, he was referring about how long it was, not as many I should answer.

"...O-Okay then..."

Sigh... fine.... To demonstrate how ordinary I am, I have to do this... as a real shadow hero.

With determination to be the perfect shadow hero. I started answering the equations on the board to demonstrate how perfectly of an ordinary student I am.

After I was done with the first I moved over to the next one.

"What's he doing?"

"He's going to answer all of them?

"Should we stop him? He only needed to answer one... right?..."

"Don't, this also works in our favor. We don't have to answer the remaining questions if he continues so it's fine"

"Do you get what he's doing?"

"I'm not sure, I didn't get the lesson either"

"The solution he's writing is probably wrong anyway but it doesn't hurt to try"

"....."

Classmates were whispering. They have their doubts and some have remarks of at least he tried.

They were talking about me while teacher Kyoishi silently standing on my side waiting for me to finish.

He just stood there and stayed silent throughout the whole time I solved on the board.

"Finished..."

I handed the chalk back to Teacher Kyoshi then walked back to my desk and sat dawn.

When he looked at my answers, he still kept silent and was still maintaining a straight face.