CHAPTER 50: Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive

Soba who got the ball tried shooting at three pointer distance but misses. I rebounded the ball and.

Just after having the ball between my hands. The enemy team were already four teaming me trying to fully restrict my movements.

"There's no escape now"

When all four now defending against me. I gave them a slightly smug smile on my face, as if saying this is exactly what I inted to happen.

The moment they took notice on what expression I had, they rethink what's happening right now, like the feeling that they have made a big mistake.

As we stand under the ring of our team's side of the court, I threw the ball as far to the opposite side of the court.

"He's shooting it at this distance?"

"Wait. No...!"

I call this move "Phantom shot fake".

There, were the spot I threw the ball. It was directly aimed at my team mates that were already prepared to receive the ball on the opposite side of the court.

The throw I did that at first looks random, but was actually a very long distance pass.

Because it was passed very accurately even at that distance, they didn't have a hard time catching the ball.

They caught it perfectly and after catching the ball, they shoot it in the basket and went in.

With that it makes the score now tied at 6-6.

Are we really this weak...? No. He's just too strong for our levels...

Team Soba's moral got lower and lower as the game progress.

Kaido's dribble and advanced forward.

While watching out for me, the girls moved in and the ball got stolen. He's gotten too comfortable about the girls' ability that he let his guard down.

Shiki tried stopping her but I was already advancing trying to cross their path.

That made Shiki Conflicted with who will carry the ball to the basket. If it will stay with her or it will be passed on to me who has the higher chance of scoring.

Still keeping watch of me while still trying to block the girl, when I caught up to her. Shiki confused who to defend. I reached out my hand and.

She's passing it to Saito!

Because of me trying to reach out my hand in a ready to catch position, he got distracted waiting for the pass to happen.

Havent been paying much attention to the girl, he didn't notice that the girl already crossed him and was too late to realizing I was just a distraction.

Before he could run and catch up to her, I screened him holding him off from chasing my teammate, she layup and got another point for our team.

We are now on the lead with the score of 6-7.

The next round commenced. Their jump shot failed yet again and I performed the same fake passing distraction like the last time.

Because I was the one they are most wary of they prioritized on blocking me and always loose sight of my team mates advancements.

The game after that, and the game after we performed the fake pass distraction and everytime, it worked. Giving us the final score of 6-10.

Hmm... How's that. I call that move [The Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive].

It was a move that take away the the enemy's attention, taking their eyes off from our real attacker.

It was a move I learned from master Kuroko who I considered as one of shadow heroes.

His invisibility and moving things from the background is really shadow hero like. His contribution is not recognize by the spectators but is actually the heart of their team play.

He's what I like to call a shadow MVP.

A/N: He definitely means Kuroko from Kuroko no Basketball.

This is probably fine right. Even though I scored a ton, just like Tetsuya and his Phantom shot, the attention from me have been nullified by giving the last points to my team so I probably didn't stand out with them overwriting my presence. [Yeah, no...]

[Definitely watched too much anime to think that]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, on Mocha-san's side, where the volleyball court is located.

What's happening. I can't see.

Because of people blocking her view. She didn't see much of the game and only saw the beginning parts of it. This is when about in my team's forth or fifth point.

"Mocha, it's our turn"

"Ah!-, Yeash!"

Urgh, I feel like throwing up...

Mocha became more and more anxious as she enters the battle she didn't prepared for.