CHAPTER 41: Just a male lead evaluation

We went back inside, sat down, and pretended like nothing happened.

The teacher arrived and class started.

Time to put to test [Operation: Generic Student Character"].

As class is proceeding, Mocha-san kept sneaking glances towards my direction.

Earlier she decided to evaluate me if I was a potential male lead as a capture target to a shoujo setting.

Her assumption was that I was a delinquent type of character.

Is he really a delinquent?

As class is proceeding, she was staring at my side profile, as I listlessly stared blankly outside the window resting my chin supported by my forearm.

He looks so listless. Doesn't he need to focus on the lesson...? His side profile is handsome too.

Secretly glancing at me, she thought of how good my side profile was. She didn't notice she was already stuck looking at me already forgetting to pay attention to class.

"Ahem, Mocha Tsukiyo. Pay attention to the class"

The teacher called out Mocha-san for not paying attention.

"Ha. Ah- y-Yes!"

She stutteringly replied. Her face turning red from embarrassment.

The class had a small chuckle for a brief moment then continue on the lesson.

How embarrassing...

One of them was me

"Pfft"

A small laugh came out towards my direction that Mocha-san noticed.

When she looked towards my direction, I immediately shifted my position again to listlessly looking outside the window.

I'm still human too so I can still find it funny at moments like this.

Even back then I always hold my laughter while maintaining a serious look even before the sidecharacterification happened. It was just that no one really took noticed because I was wearing a mask.

Why you...

She look at me looking slightly irritated.

I wonder why the teacher didn't call him out also? He's obviously not paying attention as well. Does this mean him not paying attention is pretty common? [Yes]

By not focusing on the lesson, Mocha's suspicion of me being a delinquent grew all the more true in her eyes.

Actually, It was because the teachers are already used for my past self not participating in class [spacing out in his delusion].

And to combine it with yesterday's event where I answered all the questions they threw at me, the teachers who taught lessons yesterday stopped questioning whether I was paying attention or not.

~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later.

It has been 2 hours. I'm still maintaining the same listlessly looking outside the window pose.

My neck starting to hurt and the arm I'm resting on is starting to go numb.

Why am I doing this to myself in the first place you asked?

I have already told you that. Last night, I thought of ways on how to improve my acting as normal student, all because of how senpai was able to see through my facade.

I just happened to come across an article named generic main characters in a high school setting on google.

"This is exactly what I want!" And there, I referenced on how to act like a generic student.

I already achieved one of them which is being seated next to a window.

Looking at the images the site provided, they always seemed to show the generic main character staring off to space, looking outside the window so I'm trying to imitate just that.

The third teacher for the morning classes walked in. He wasn't one of the teachers yesterday so... When he looked towards the back.

"Are you the new transfer student?"

The teacher asked looking at me.

"Ah, Y-yes. M, my name is Mocha Tsukiyo"

He was asking me, right? As far as I know, I'm the only transfer in this class... But why is he looking at Saito?

Just as Mocha-san was thinking. The question seemed to be directly asked towards me.

"There's two...?"

The teacher was then confused, seeing two unfamiliar faces participating in his class until someone clarified.

"Sir, that's Saito"

"Saito...? Wait, Okuzaki...?!

He was surprised by hearing the truth about who I am, just like the ones yesterday.

"I see... You are Saito huh"

The teacher still in disbelief for a short moment before he calmed down, accepting the fact that I really am Saito Okuzaki.

"So Mocha, your the new transfer right? I hope you enjoy it here"

"Y-Yes! I-I'll do my best..."

"Good to hear"

Now that everything was cleared up, class continued. I also continued my listlessly looking outside the window pose.

The next teacher arrived. She is also one of the teachers who saw me yesterday and also the last teacher teaching for this morning.

It has been more than three hours since I decided to stare off blankly into space, listlessly looking outside the window.

"Can anyone tell me the major events that happened in the Kamakura period?"

The teacher looked for someone to answer.

"Saito Okuzaki. Do you know the answer?"

I was chosen. [Too eye catching]

"Um, yes. Uhm... On 1185 the rival Taira clan is defeated at sea at the Battle of Dan-no-ura by Yoritomo's brother Minamoto no Yoshitsune. 1192 The Emperor Go-Toba appoints Yoritomo as shōgun (military leader) with a residence in Kamakura, establishing the bakufu system of government. 1199: Minamoto no Yoritomo dies."

A/N: I just randomly got this from google.

"E-Excellent, you can take your seat now"

How did he...?! We still haven't gotten to that part of the lesson yet.

Not knowing my answer was more than needed, I sat down confidently and continued on listlessly looking outside the window.

Could he actually be a really smart delinquent...?

Mocha-san assumes.

Nailed it. This is my shadow hero characteristic combining with the generic character. [The unexpectedly knowing the answer even though not looking like paying attention].

This was my goal all this time. What makes the shadow heroes great is their unpredictability.

By acting like I'm not paying any attention, but actually is. I faked being clueless but actually knows everything. Just like a shadow hero does.

Classes ended for the morning ending with Mocha-san confused by my character.

A/N: Explanation about how they didn't find out about his normal laugh. The Kuhahaha(evil/psycho laugh) was his Chuunibyou/Phantom laugh. His normal laugh was different. The kukuku and holding in his normal laughter sounded equally creepy because of the mask combining it with the messy long hair.