Chapter 85: One with the mist and gone.

Moving back to the broadcast.

It was now time to decide the winner of Fumidai and Mine’s little duel, which results will be based on the points given by the judges and also the public(?).

“Alright, everyone! Our slot in the app is online and voting is now officially open!” The emcee announced.

In actuality, the reason Fumidai used this points system, included the public's opinion to vote for the duel was to demonstrate that, in addition to winning over the judges, he plans to convince the public that he was overall the better entertainer.

He prepared all this just to prove a point, why people call him the genius of the industry, and not just some random person could be a replacement for him with his high value.

Moving on, the judges had already talked it over and determined the number of points they would give to both parties. Now, we’re only waiting for the public’s votes to finish which will be relayed through some sort of app.

Through a huge monitor, taking up space of the whole back wall of the stage, projected two bars with my (Phantom) and Fumidai’s names labeled on each.

Both bars continue to rise while keeping track of the number of voters individually. However, one bar continues to rise noticeably faster than the other.

The other was on the thousands reaching to tens, while the other had already far exceeded that already reaching the thirties while the other struggling to break through the tens.

‘Woah, they even got something like this…?’ I thought to myself, amazed by the quality equipment, a massive monitor projecting numbers on the screen with our names on it. ‘Even for props… rich people are amazing.’

Seeing the numbers projected on the screen, the moment I saw the number of votes reached the thousands, I knew to myself at that moment “it was fake”. [It was not]

I just couldn’t imagine those amounts of people voting are real people, voting for a measly duel between two chuunibyous.

Most likely, they are bots programmed to be that way. You know, like the scoring system on one of those karaoke machines.

The complacent Fumidai from earlier stood silent, as we watch the monitor with numbers reaching to thousands of votes.

After waiting a while, 15 minutes or so after, the online voting was officially closed.

The overall votes from the judges, combined with the total votes of the public turned in. The winner had already been decided.

In the emcee’s hands was an envelope containing the results, which he held with excitement with his entertainer's persona and voice and said to the public.

“All right everyone, please quiet down. The votes are in, now is the time everyone is waiting for. It’s now time to announce the winner of this unpredictable, very exciting, explosive, out-of-this-world, very entertaining duel!” Announce the emcee, trying to rile up the crowd with his entertainer’s tone and persona.

The crowds cheered, singing praises, cheering for me to win. On the other hand, Fumidai’s fans cheered for him, cheering for his victory.

“And the winner of the duel is…” drumroll started playing on the background, as the emcee slowly opened the envelope. Reading what was inside the envelope, printed on a single peace of paper, the emcee excitedly announced.

“PHANTOM!”

The crowd who cheered for Phantom became even more boisterous and even Fumidai’s fans had accepted their defeat. Everyone saw us perform face-to-face, all who witnessed us perform came to a mutual understanding that Phantom was just overall superior in all aspects.