be careful【two】| natasha romanoff

summary: as time goes on, Natasha seems to be making it harder to avoid her and you're not sure what to do.

warning/s: mentions of death, violence and injury.

author's note: and here's part two! hope you all liked it :)

Avoiding Natasha was easier once things were back to normal, as normal as they could be before she'd been stupid enough to almost get herself killed

But sometimes, it was inevitable, and she made it a lot more difficult to stop having feelings for her when she was closer than I wanted.

One time was when Tony was hosting a party in the Compound, inviting investors and partners and literally anyone who he knew. Tony's parties were my least favourite part about being an Avenger for the sole reason that they always got out of control and I couldn't deal with it. But he knew that, and when he announced that the party was happening a week prior, he made sure to emphasise how my presence was mandatory for team building purposes.

That was definitely bullshit, but I couldn't exactly say no since he was the one paying the bills. So, I agreed, but worked it to my advantage.

After some thinking, I realised I only had to show my face for him to know I was there. The rest of the team wouldn't care, so I hatched a plan to be present three times, making the rounds and being there long enough to be remembered by guests and Tony, but short enough so I could get out and leave.

Once I was ready, I rocked up to the party shortly after it was in full swing and resisted the urge to turn right back around and head to my room. The room was huge, packed full of people I didn't know and so busy that I already felt exhausted at the thought of socialising. But that was the point, so after sucking up a breath, I grabbed a flute of champagne and made my way over to first Avenger I saw – Wanda.

"Y/N, hey!" she said when she saw me approaching her. A bright smile was on her lips as she stepped back to look me up and down. "You look beautiful."

I couldn't help but return her smile as I joined her side. "Thanks, Wanda. So do you. Red really is your colour."

She chuckled, but I was serious. Maybe it was because of the association with her powers, but she always pulled off the colour red, especially now in her off-the-shoulder red silk dress that she was wearing.

"Thank you," she replied, bumping her hip into mine. "I'm surprised you showed up. Though I guess Tony is making you so..."

"Yeah, I don't wanna piss him off," I said with a chuckle. "But between me and you, the plan is to hop in and out of the party for the rest of the night. I have Netflix waiting for me in my room."