Chapter Forty Nine| Not dead?

Another day passed, and Giulia sat in her cell, constantly on watch.
Sobs shook her body anytime memories of her family came up, pictures and memories flowing like a river.
At last, one of the guards talked to her.
"Can I get you some water? Your head must hurt, poor thing.", the woman asked, Giulia raising her head.
"No thank you.", she replied shakily.
"Can I get you anything? Some food, or a picture just something?", the guard asked again, receiving a shrug and sobs from the other side.

"Can I get a...a hug please?", Giulia asked shakily.
"I don't think I can...-", the guard replied hesitantly.
"Please, just someone hugging me before I die. This is all...all I ask for. Just one hug. It's not like anybody will know anyway.", Giulia begged, her face flooded with tears.
"Mhm..let me think.", the guard replied, rubbing her eyes.

Hopeful, Giulia looked up, moving her feet around, freeing a little more space on the ground.
Eventually the guard pulled it the keys, and Giulia's cries trembled.
"Thank you. All I really need is a hug, miss. Thank you so much.", Giulia trembled, seeing the guard come in, her eyes sparkled with a spark of hope.
"Of course dear. That's the least I can do after how terrible you were treated.", the woman smiled, Giulia's cries overshadowing all other words.
The memories were too much for her, so she sank into the hug, still shaking to the core.
Nervously, she rambled in Calcian.
"Palajeri come al cavera movje. Cavera improvo pajer."
"What did you say, dear?", the guard asked her, still holding a tight hug.
"I...I just miss..my family. You remind me of my aunt...it's too much.", Giulia sobbed. The guards face being turned, a small smile spread across Giulia's face.
The non-verbal spell 'arcmoro' allowed the alarms to fall silent, and the guard grabbed a still sobbing Giulia tight.
"You poor thing don't deserve death.", the demon guard mumbled.

At once, Giulia stopped crying, and tightened the hug from her side, minor sobs still erupting.
"Now I kinda feel bad for doing this.", she whispered, noticing the guard attempting to turn to her. "What..?", the guard asked.
In one move, Giulia had grabbed the keys from the guard, and freed her handcuffs. One further move, and she pulled a blade from the woman's belt. Gently, Giulia pushed the woman away, and wiped her tears, a smile appearing instead.
"What did you do?", the guard asked her again.
"You'll see soon. I'm really sorry for what I'm doing now.", Giulia replied, grabbing the guard and leaving the cell, a silent spell casting invisibility around both of them.
Arriving at the demon's training chambers, Giulia burst in, alerting the alarms by stepping on a wire.
Her being visible again, the demons promptly surrounded her.

"Thinking you're so smart huh? Sorry to inform you Bennet, but you're dying today!", a demon girl taunted.
Panicking, Giulia made a step back, directly into another demon. Fearful, her eyes wandered around the armed people around her.
Once they came closer, Giulia fell down, almost to her knees.
"Please..I'm sorry..just take me back! I'm sorry..I don't know what I was thinking!", Giulia begged, trembling over her words.
Once someone had thrown the blade from her hand in the air, they tried to handcuff her. "Stay still girl. At least you know you made a mistake.", a man growled, grabbing her wrists.
"Maybe..I didn't make a mistake..but you did.", Giulia quietly replied, backflipping and and kicking the person behind her, landing back on her feet.
A smile spread on her face as she proceeded to kick away the rest of the people, those grabbing her wrists trying to throw her on the ground, which she used against them.
Distressed, the demons alerted the alarms. Seemingly panicked, Giulia backed into a corner.
She grabbed something from mid air, before the guard she had at the cell became visible again.
Panicking, Giulia awaited the rest of the demon guards arriving.