Chapter 43: Visiting

"And how is he?" Asked a low male voice located outside the observation room. It was Commander Bogo, who as promised at 4.00p.m. had turned up at the hospital where the rabbit was staying. Seeing her condition he knew she was not feeling well and this was his best police functionary. Her condition was important to everyone and she was probably the most liked person at the station since the wild boar case was solved which made everyone appreciate the doe's hard work.

"When she was brought here she was in a really serious condition. Tests showed that her body had reacted quite badly to what happened on the premises. Fortunately, today she is much better. Her fever has stopped, she had a lot of energy this morning and she already has faint signs of light sensitivity in her eyes," replied Alex. The Doctor while Judy slept spoke to the Commandant, who was looking forward to the moment when he could talk to her.

"If she was feeling well why is she sleeping now?" Bogo asked.

"It is natural, please don't worry. She came here barely conscious, I had to help her get up from the bed to examine her, her body needs to rest. Let's not disturb her maybe okay?" Alex suggested.

"Of course. I'll wait as long as it takes" replied the Commander. He sat on a bench in the waiting room and looked at his watch counting down the minutes.

Half an hour later

It had been half an hour since the Commandant had waited in the waiting room when he could go inside. He wanted to talk to the doe as soon as possible to find out as much as possible about her condition, when she would be able to return to continue the investigation and what exactly had happened last evening. He remembered that she had already mentioned it to Judy, though he hoped that the rabbit had remembered a new and very important detail that might be helpful in unraveling this mystery.

"Commandant, you may come in. Judy is already waiting for you" The doctor communicated as he left the room after consulting with his patient. The commandant rose from the bench, thanked Alex, then walked inside the room tracking the silver and white figure automatically.

Although Judy was lying on the bed with her ears down (which usually indicated that she was feeling poorly) she looked full of strength and as always - positive. Her vivid violet eyes sparkled with life, there was even a modest smile on her face, which was reciprocated immediately by the commandant upon seeing it. Bogo sat down in a chair and sat in silence for a few moments watching the rabbit.

"How are you feeling Hopps?" Asked the commandant after some thought.

"I feel better... I still have a slight headache and as the doctor said a hypersensitivity to light, but other than that I am ok..." Replied the rabbit. Although she seemed to be in a good mood Bogo knew that something was making her sad and taking away her reasons to be happy and he guessed who it could be about by her earnest look that asked to say something about Nick.

"Unfortunately we don't know what happened to Wild yet. All we know is that he was kidnapped, but we don't know what the intentions were or where he was abducted. We are investigating the case, but the kidnapper has left virtually no trace of him." The commander confessed. It was hard for him to talk about such a turn of events while at the same time looking at her eyes, which were so joyful. He felt guilty in a way about what had happened, but there was nothing he could do about it. Judy sighed heavily at this news laying her head down on her pillow. This was not the news she wanted to hear. Her good mood immediately waned, she had hoped that the officers would find something after all, some minimal clue, but as it turns out the police are powerless so far.

"How is it that residents are kidnapped and the kidnapper leaves no trace?" Judy asked.

"He masks himself well. He must use gloves for sure. You can tell he knows what he's doing," replied the Commander.