Truth

Chapter 52: Truth

The weather was exceptionally driver-friendly for a winter day. It was sunny, the clouds had parted in the morning, the wind had died down enough to make only a small gust audible, it was even a bit warm (although the temperature was still below zero and it was necessary to put on a jacket), it made a friendly atmosphere to say goodbye to Judy, who was sitting thoughtfully in the back seat staring at the car window, looking at the blurring background, which was passing by as fast as it was blurring. It was hard to see anything interesting, except for the snow-white trees or single houses surrounded by fields covered with white powder. The village in which they lived was very small, one could even say that there were few inhabitants, the modest village at least meant that everyone knew each other well and life in such a place was maybe linear, but rabbits like such a life the most...or at least most of them do.

Judy's right leg was trembling a little from the stress of when they would be on the platform and she would have to have a serious talk with them about her relationship. Her sister Suzanne is sincerely cheering her on to make it work, but she also knows what their parents are like and that it won't be that easy to pass on. Communicating is one thing and explaining it is another, which Judy didn't want to do, at least not now. But what she feared most was their anger and disappointment when they found out, the stereotypes are clear: foxes are evil and should be hated, although no one knows why. Judy's first resentment towards them came when she met Gideon, her school days made her remember the "hate foxes" rule for quite a long time It wasn't until she met Nick that she realised it wasn't the species that mattered, it was the personality. She understood this, it could be worse with her parents and especially with her father, who is very stubborn. At times it can even seem as if he doesn't listen to anyone, or so pretends as not to admit he is wrong!
"Are you all right Judy?" Asked Boonie at one point glancing at her daughter in the mirror. Concerned by her confusion she decided to ask about her daughter's condition, which she confirmed was ok.
"She's fine...I'm just going to miss this place a bit" replied Judy quietly.
"You can always stay at home" replied Stu.
"They need me there...in Zootopia" laughed Judy quietly, then calmed down again staring at her reflection in the window.
"Well...when you're free you can come to us" replied Boonie.
'Then I won't be the only one coming' thought Judy.

Soon they reached the station from which Judy was to take her train. They arrived with more than half an hour to spare as they were already there at 3.30 p.m., perhaps quite early, but at least they have time to be with each other for a while and talk frankly.
Thanks to the fact that Judy didn't have any luggage, everyone could wait in the car, they didn't have to waste time standing in the cold, it was warmer and more comfortable in the car than outside where a cold gentle wind was blowing. There were already several people standing on the platform, most probably already waiting for the same train as Judy, each of them carrying at least one suitcase, which, judging by its size, was not the lightest. If Judy had taken what she wanted with her, she would also have had to carry several overstuffed suitcases, which would have made the trip difficult.

The time for departure laboriously approached, Judy waited impatiently and with some anxiety until it was time to get off at the platform where the white and blue train she was to take to the metropolis to continue the case of the disappearances would stop. She missed this life, which was much faster than here in the village, but living together with the fox made it a very cool time in her life and she would like to continue in this rhythm. The only obstacle at the moment is the conversation with her parents, before which she was stressing too much than she should, her heart was making her dizzy, once she was close to not fainting! But in order to worry her parents, she tried to behave normally and talk without much ado, so as not to make them think that she wanted to say something. And they were good at it, too good. They could understand their children without words, as if they could read their minds. There was something about even the slightest strange behaviour in someone that made Boonie and Stu take notice, they knew there was something to it. Judy in the car was also asked once if she was sure she was okay, she defended herself this time with the stress of the trip. Luckily for her, they had to fall for it.