I'm here for both of you

This is long, grab a snack and some tissues 😭

"So, today, we have a very interesting activity: I'll give you this paper and you continue the drawing however you like

"So, today, we have a very interesting activity: I'll give you this paper and you continue the drawing however you like. There's no need to look at the others because everyone will have different ideas and we will see them at the end. This is today's lesson: everyone is different and we have to understand these differences and not judge them" the teacher said. And then she gave us a piece of paper with a half circle on it and I drew a football, daddy. And then she asked me why does it represent and I told her that my daddy is a football player and he loves what he's doing very much and she smiled at me.

Maddison was telling her father about her day at school, while Mason was preparing dinner. "That's fantastic, darling. I'm glad you enjoy school that much" he smiled kissing the top of her head.

Another day with your class finished today. You were packing after almost all the student left already, when you saw Maddison still sitting on her chair. "Is there a problem, Maddison?" You asked. "Is my birthday today" she said. "Happy Birthday to you, Maddison! Why didn't you tell me earlier? We would have celebrated you in class" you sweetly smiled, going over to her and hugging her. "My daddy forgot about it and I thought it wasn't important" she shrugged. "Your birthday should be the most important day of the year, when you eat a lot of chocolate cake without anyone telling you to stop" you said and she chuckled. "I'm sure your mommy didn't forget it. She'll have a surprise party for you" you said. "I don't have a mommy" she said. You were put in a situation you weren't in before, so you found a box of chocolates and gave it to her, without replying to her statement.

"Hello?" You turned around hearing a male voice. "Daddy!" Maddison squealed. "I'm sorry I'm late. Come on, let's go home, Mads" he said and you would be lying if you said he wasn't attractive. "Actually, Maddison, I need you to go to Mrs. Pam class and bring some markers for the whiteboard. Will you go please?" You asked and Maddison nodded, leaving the two of you alone.

"Miss. Y/l/n, Maddison's teacher" you said. "Mason Mount, her father" he said and you shook hands. "I wanted to talk about Maddison. She just told me she doesn't have a mommy. Does that mean?" you asked, hoping he would get the point. "We're divorced and she just left us. She doesn't want to hear anything about her daughter. And my schedule is so full, I can't make up time for her" he explained. "I'm so sorry to hear that. Maddison is such an amazing child, you cannot not love her" you smiled, which he returned. "I was thinking, as today it's her birthday-" "Fuck! I completely forgot. What father am I?" He interrupted you, face palming himself. "Hey, it's alright. There is still time to take her out and buy her favourite ice cream " you said, placing your hand comfortingly on his shoulder. "Yes daddy, let's go to Nando's" Maddison said as she re-entered the class. "Okay, pack your bags" Mason said and Maddison smiled. "Is Miss Y/l/n coming with us?" She asked hopefully. You looked at Mason who was already looking at you with those lovingly brown eyes. "If you want me there, of course I'll come" you answered. "Yes yes yes" she said.