Turbulence

Takashi, Daedalus, and Icarus are flying out from the kingdom of Crete. Sunlight peeks through the clouds. He is glad that he is above the water since Poseidon has no control over the air.

They passed through several islands in the open waters without a problem. Takashi is keeping watch on Icarus as they fly. He won't let the myth of his death come true.

As time went on, sunlight breaks more through the cloudy sky. Takashi sees the sun in its glory while hearing the sound of neighing horses. He blinks multiple times. A golden chariot with fiery horses?! There is someone in front leading the way, but he can't get a clear view because of the brightness. 

"STAY AWAY FROM THE SUN!", Daedalus reminds them.

"Icarus, descend!"

"But it feels so great!"

Icarus starts flying up, but Takashi grabs him by the ankle while flapping with the other.

"It's not safe to do that! Listen to your dad and come down!"

The warmth of the sunlight entices him to get closer. He kicks Takashi away from him and soars higher. Taki reorients himself and flies higher to stop him. The wax melting off his wings forces him to descend.

Icarus' almost wingless body falls in front of him.

"Slow!"

Takashi flies down to catch a stalling Icarus....he grunts from the burning that shoots through his chest. He looks up-- another flaming arrow goes through him!

"Who are you to stop me from doing my job?! Pay with your life!", the rider of the chariot shouts.

Arrows of ember tear through his wings. Time resumes. Both Icarus and Taki are falling to the surface of the water. Daedalus swoops down to catch his son, but it would be too late. Out of the corner of his right eye, a dark figure is watching this unfold.

"Rewind!"

The events go in reverse before the rider attacks him. Wings reformed as Icarus' body falls upward. The chariot gets pulled which forces the horses back. The god in question goes to strike him down, but the flying woman in front stops him.

"Let him go, Helios! He's not here to disrupt your job. Please."

He exhales. "You're right, Hemera. I will let these mortals go."

Taki lets it get to a good point. "Play!"

"STAY AWAY FROM THE SUN!"

He immediately flies above Icarus to prevent him from looking at the sun.

"Takashi, what are you doing?"

"Look straight ahead!"

Icarus still sees a bit of the sunlight as he flies and rises upwards. Taki pushes his feet down.

"ICARUS! Don't do it!", he yells angrily.

"You are not my father!", he fights back.

"Your dad told us not to get close to the sun! Listen to him!"

Daedalus can hear them fight and he turns around. "Son, listen to me! I won't lose you!"

Icarus doesn't listen as his overconfidence takes over. Who are they to stop him from enjoying this wonderful light?

A throat punch cuts off Taki's oxygen. Icarus rises with Taki's body on top of him. The sun begins to melt the wax holding their feathers. Taki wrestles with Icarus and headbutts him. Blood spurts out of his nose. He hooks his legs around while flapping downwards.

Daedalus flies in from the other side to help carry his son. They flap their free wings at the same time to maintain altitude.

"I'm sorry."